Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Dorking for a Surrey meetup

(92 Posts)
Grannyknot Tue 03-Nov-15 15:47:15

Hi everyone,

Purpledaffodil, Greenfinch and moi are planning (have agreed) to meet up in Dorking in Surrey for lunch.

We'd love others in the area to join us.

Please anyone who posts also suggest days that are convenient and maybe even suggest some dates!

Tuesdays or Wednesdays are best for me.

Bellsnwhistles Thu 19-Nov-15 17:03:25

yes yes many thanks, grannyknot. great meetup. I'd love to do it again. Still got a big grin on my face!grin

Purpledaffodil Thu 19-Nov-15 17:34:07

L to R we have Bellsnwhistles Yogagran, Grannyknot and Purpledaffodil. MiniMouse kindly took the photo.
I echo the others, it was a lovely meetup. Great venue, super company. Lots of thanks and flowers to Grannyknot for her wonderful organisational skills.

sparkygran Thu 19-Nov-15 19:28:27

Ah you lucky ducks being able to meetup so glad you had such a good time.brewenvy(only joking on envy

Grannyknot Thu 19-Nov-15 20:58:18

We did have a lovely time. Sorry you're so far sparky.

See this link:

www.gransnet.com/forums/arts_and_crafts/1220982-Just-finished#prettyPhoto[gallery25655206]/1/

smile

yogagran Thu 19-Nov-15 21:25:38

Thank you GK for organising today's lunch time meet up, it was so lovely to see you all and I look forward to the next time.

Your knitted cardi looks beautiful Gk and the racoon buttons finish it off perfectly

Grannyknot Fri 20-Nov-15 09:46:14

We did have a nice get together. I got home, flung a small lamb shoulder roast into a "double roaster", stuck it in the oven, and thankfully put it on very low, because I promptly fell asleep for over an hour grin. Served much later with mashed potatoes and steamed veg, husband declared it delicious!

I wanna go back to Dorking and potter around the shops!

Purpledaffodil Fri 20-Nov-15 14:11:06

It was good wasn't it? Sparkygran we shall do our own mini meetup soon I hope.
Feel I should clarify that GK's cardi with raccoon buttons was for her GS. Although she would look stylish in a black sack to be fair grin

Penstemmon Sun 31-Jan-16 22:05:06

There is a new post on the Surrey Local for a meet up in Guildford...

Purpledaffodil Tue 09-Feb-16 10:14:07

Thanks Penstemmon, i will check it out.

MiniMouse Tue 09-Feb-16 11:09:02

Too far for me, I'm afraid. Hope you have a lovely time smile

Perhaps we could do another Dorking one before too long?

Grannyknot Tue 09-Feb-16 12:20:03

hi mini yes that's a good idea.

The meetups are a bit like buses! None and then ... there's Merton, Central London, Guildford ... grin at the moment I am spoilt for choice. I can't make the Guildford one either.

Penstemmon Tue 09-Feb-16 14:50:12

Oh when is the Merton one?

Grannyknot Tue 09-Feb-16 15:26:04

penstemmon here you go:

local.gransnet.com/forums/local_merton/1221832-Welcome-to-Gransnet-Merton

I find it hilarious amusing that for local meetups you can change your username willy-nilly (not "you" personally of course, but I never say "One" it just sounds odd to me to say that "One can do this or that ...")

Anyhoo - I've a different name for the Merton one grin; I might pop up in a different guise on other local sites. Only joking!!!

Grannyknot Tue 09-Feb-16 15:27:14

That should be on local groups re name change. Not local meetups!

NannaJay Mon 18-Jul-16 13:52:08

Did it go ahead and are any other meetup's possible. I only joined recently and I live in Horley x

Greenfinch Mon 18-Jul-16 14:43:11

Welcome to GN NannaJay.I hope you are enjoying it. I'm not sure where Horley is so I expect Reading would be too far for you to come. We have a meet-up planned on 3rd August at which you would be very welcome if you could make it.