Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Dorking for a Surrey meetup

(92 Posts)
Grannyknot Tue 03-Nov-15 15:47:15

Hi everyone,

Purpledaffodil, Greenfinch and moi are planning (have agreed) to meet up in Dorking in Surrey for lunch.

We'd love others in the area to join us.

Please anyone who posts also suggest days that are convenient and maybe even suggest some dates!

Tuesdays or Wednesdays are best for me.

Purpledaffodil Tue 10-Nov-15 05:37:27

I managed to access it Greenfinch. It says South Street. Hope this helps. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Greenfinch Tue 10-Nov-15 07:04:40

Thanks*purple daffodil*. It must be my tablet !??

Grannyknot Tue 10-Nov-15 10:05:03

Hi again - I was AWOL yesterday with very little phone signal and no wifi plus a 14 month old to look after.

Thanks, PD.

Purpledaffodil Wed 11-Nov-15 16:49:17

Sounds like hell GK grin. Glad to be of assistance GF. Just love these abbreviations!

Greenfinch Wed 11-Nov-15 19:13:21

Sadly I am going to have to pull out of this meet-up sad. We have been promising to visit an old friend who has recently lost her husband and what with work commitments etc . the few days between 19th and 21st seem to be the only opportunity for this .I was really looking forward to the Dorking lunch but there just are not enough days in the week. Count me in for the next one though.

Grannyknot Wed 11-Nov-15 20:01:04

Oh greenfinch what a pity, but it sounds as if your attention is very much needed elsewhere.

We will definitely arrange another one in the not too distant future.

Greenfinch Wed 11-Nov-15 20:23:04

Thanks grannyknot. I was so looking forward to meeting you and purple daffodil again..I hope you have a great time at Gertie's.

Purpledaffodil Wed 11-Nov-15 21:43:57

Oh what a shame, nevertheless we shall raise a cup of tea in your honour Greenfinch.

Greenfinch Thu 12-Nov-15 18:23:44

Thanks Purpledaffodil.grin

Deedaa Thu 12-Nov-15 21:16:54

I'll have to give it a miss I'm afraid, It's quite a long drive for me and I'm out the day before. (Doesn't that all sound like an old lady?)

yogagran Fri 13-Nov-15 11:19:38

Do we have an up to date list of who can make this date?

Grannyknot Fri 13-Nov-15 14:26:23

yoga I make it five of us:

Me, PurpleDaff, you, Minimouse and BellsnWhistles.

yogagran Fri 13-Nov-15 19:42:14

That's good, look forward to seeing you all. Do you have a particular table or place in Gertie's so that we can find each other. MiniMouse and I will be arriving together but we may have trouble recognising other GNetters!

Grannyknot Fri 13-Nov-15 20:38:16

deedaa meant to say "Sorry, but we'll make sure there's a repeat in the New year".

yoga I've a feeling we'll find each other quite easily smile - I intend getting there early - but I think the usual signal is scarves tied to handbag straps!

Bellsnwhistles Sat 14-Nov-15 08:40:22

I've been to a couple of MN meet ups - never been difficult to identify the group or person. If its a group they will be laughing and if it's one person they will be watching every one come in ready to greet anyone looking a bit 'nervous'. Can't wait til thursday!

alchemillamollis Sat 14-Nov-15 16:18:41

Oh, Bellsnwhistles, we know each other from MN meet-ups and cass coffee in Starbucks! grin Really glad to see you on here - I'll PM you via Gransnet. Check your inbox! Sorry I can't make this Thursday, but will see you at others, I hope - great that you're going to Aus for Christmas. smile

Grannyknot Mon 16-Nov-15 14:15:21

Hi all smile

The table is booked under my GN name (Grannyknot) as well as my proper name.Teehee I think the young woman noting that on the booking was a bit bemused but I explained and she chuckled ...

Looking forward to Thursday.

MiniMouse Mon 16-Nov-15 16:07:14

Thank you Grannyknot Look forward to meeting all of you smile Perhaps we should don dark glasses and false moustaches to add to the mystery for the benefit of the lady who took the booking!

Greenfinch Wed 18-Nov-15 17:14:55

Have a lovely time tomorrow, ladies. Hopefully see you next time.

MiniMouse Wed 18-Nov-15 18:05:19

Thank you, Greenfinch, hope you can make it to the next one smile

Grannyknot Wed 18-Nov-15 18:51:16

Thanks greenfinch smile

JoyBloggs Wed 18-Nov-15 22:10:03

Have fun, ladies, and I hope the brew and cupcake is up to scratch! I can't make it tomorrow, but hope to see you next time. Grannyknot I've PMd you. smile

ladybird9 Thu 19-Nov-15 10:26:45

hello and good morning, can you please notify me should your meet-up days change as I am otherwise engaged on tuesdays and wednesdays, but would love to share coffee with you and the other ladies.

thank you
will be watching for your reply

I am not too familiar as to how to use this entire site but will attempt to look for your reply.

Grannyknot Thu 19-Nov-15 16:19:14

Hi ladybird and welcome to Gransnet. That would be lovely if you could join us next time, we had a wonderful meet up in Dorking with lots of chat, and nosh with veg: courgette and lime cake (me); and carrot cake (two others). grin

Thanks so much to PD, MM, YG, and BnW for coming, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The train home was quick and here I am tucked up in bed with my computer on laptop on top of the covers.

Let's do it again in the not too distant future, something to look forward to. I do believe that purple has a photo (and thanks for the lift to the station).

flowers

MiniMouse Thu 19-Nov-15 16:23:16

Thank you GK for organising today's gathering. Really enjoyed meeting all of you smile It was a lovely venue, very conducive to whiling away the time in good company.

Yes, let's do it again soon!