Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Surrey meet-up Wednesday 7 December

(36 Posts)
alchemillamollis Thu 17-Nov-16 13:40:25

We're meeting up in Dorking, Surrey at 1.00pm on Wednesday 7 December.

This is a new thread to confirm and advertise it. So far we are:

alchemillamollis
cazzajen
Goldenspring
Grannyknot
Greenfinch
Minimouse
purpledaffodil
Penstemmon

Do join us!

Penstemmon Fri 09-Dec-16 19:49:52

Yes the massage was good! First one for many years! Sorry your journey home was arduous. tchsad

alchemillamollis Sun 11-Dec-16 01:56:30

You can also feel virtuous for helping me have such an enjoyable lunch, Greenfinch! And you, Penstemmon! That's the kind of lunch I'd like to have more of - nice and relaxed, lovely chat - it's the business! Does me a world of good, honestly.

Shall I start a thread in the New Year for another one? Hopefully all the people who couldn't make the December one might make one in January or February. I'd be happy to make the booking again, for wherever we decide to meet.

Thank you so much, Greenfinch and Penstemmon. flowers

Grannyknot Sun 11-Dec-16 06:58:30

Yes, please!

(And I'm so sorry I haven't got around to the promised coffee, life got in the way).smile

Will catch up with you soon.

Greenfinch Sun 11-Dec-16 09:31:03

And thanks to you too alchiemillamollis both for organising it all and for being such good company. I love these meet ups.We talk about ordinary everyday things and much deeper personal issues with people we know will be sympathetic and non judgemental and are far away enough from our family and friends not to be known by them.Lovely !

I am definitely up for another meet up in the New Year.

Purpledaffodil Mon 12-Dec-16 09:14:00

Sounds like you had a lovely lunch (Elite Lunchers?) Very much hope to make the next one Alche. Seasons greetings to you all, tchgrin

alchemillamollis Mon 12-Dec-16 12:23:11

Ooooh, yes, Happy Christmas to everyone. I like Elite Lunchers. tchgrin We are!

alchemillamollis Sat 24-Dec-16 18:27:17

Merry Christmas to all Surrey GNers - look forward to seeing you in the New Year!

Greenfinch Sat 24-Dec-16 21:37:05

Merry Christmas to you tooAlchemillamollis.

dustyangel Sat 24-Dec-16 21:44:20

Merry Christmas Greenfinch, and all the Surrey GNers, especially those I've met. tchsmile

Greenfinch Sat 24-Dec-16 21:52:28

Happy Christmas dustyangel.Hopefully see you next year.