Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Lunch in Edinburgh [Edited by GNHQ at OP's request]

(169 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Elizabeth1 Tue 12-Jun-18 08:51:47

Where to next you lovely ladies. Any suggestions?

Grammaretto Sat 29-Sep-18 07:46:50

Thank you? it was horrible but I was very well looked after and given a thorough MOT.
The episode was called a vasovagal syncope.
Friday night at the ERI is like being in an episode of Casualty.
I got home to my own bed eventually.

Elizabeth1 Sat 29-Sep-18 07:51:59

So very sorry Grammaretto to hear you fainted on you way home yesterday. Hope you are well today please take good care of yourself.

I had a lovely time yesterday with many interesting people from such a variety of locations and backgrounds. The time just flew in.

Here’s to the next gathering smile

Marydoll Sat 29-Sep-18 07:52:01

How are you feeling this morning Grammaretto?

oldgoat Sat 29-Sep-18 08:10:40

Thank you very much for organising another enjoyable Edinburgh meet-up Elizabeth1
Lovely food, company and venue. Roll on the next one!

Hope you have recovered from your horrible experience grammaretto.

Glad you arrived home safely in the end marydoll. Good to have brunette10's help to fight our way onto the commuter train.

Brunette10 Sat 29-Sep-18 08:10:40

My goodness Grammaretto that's not so good at all. You must have got quite a shock. Hope everything is ok now and that you managed a good night's sleep. Have an easy day and try to relax and get better. Take Care.

Marelli Sat 29-Sep-18 08:49:30

Grammaretto, that must've been awful for you. Had you been on the bus long when you took ill? Hope you're feeling much better now.
Take it easy today. ?

Jane10 Sat 29-Sep-18 08:59:09

Just too much excitement Grammaretto? Gransnet lunches can be dangerous places. grin
Rotten end to the day though. Hope you're feeling better today.

baubles Sat 29-Sep-18 09:59:28

How frightening Grammaretto. I hope you are much better this morning.

Grammaretto Sat 29-Sep-18 10:00:09

We were at the foot of liberton brae
Marelli I'd got on at the bus station so it was 20 mins into the journey. I was feeling hot and nauseous. It was a packed bus but the next thing I knew a nurse who happened to be on the bus was holding my hand, taking my pulse and comforting me. She had taken charge and stopped the bus and called an ambulance.
What an exciting, if embarrassing, day!

Brunette10 Sat 29-Sep-18 10:37:50

Glad to hear you are fine today. Just have an easy day and try and put yesterday's experience to the back of your head and forget. Put your feet up.

kittylester Sat 29-Sep-18 11:47:47

Er, we posted photos of the East Mids one! Just saying!!

GeminiJen Sat 29-Sep-18 11:49:29

Grammaretto...What a scary experience. As others have already said, have an easy day today.....and take good care of yourself flowers

Marydoll Sat 29-Sep-18 12:14:50

Oops, Kitty, I think we were having such fun, we forgot to take photos! smile

Jane10 Sat 29-Sep-18 12:21:08

Of course! We usually take pics. Just too busy chatting I suppose.

Katek Mon 01-Oct-18 08:30:00

jane10.....I was so disappointed not to make lunch but am definitely on for a Xmas do as long as it’s after 9th December! Were any thoughts/suggestions voiced re Cmas? I’m looking forward to the mini meet next week and will see a few weel kent there!

Katek Mon 01-Oct-18 08:32:03

Where did ‘faces’ go? Weel kent faces!!

Elegran Mon 01-Oct-18 08:48:35

Katek Isabel will be away at Cmeet time, so I will be starting a new thread on that, as well as another on Oct30/Nov8 very soon.

Katek Mon 01-Oct-18 09:40:00

Excellent Elegran! Thanks for taking it on. Give me a shout if I can be of any help.