Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Be kind

(107 Posts)
Jo61 Wed 15-Jan-20 06:44:29

Noticed negative comments to other members of Gransnet in one of the trending threads. I've closed my Facebook account for this very reason hoping to join a mature site. Can we please remember what we tell our children and grandchildren...... be KIND to each other. Surely we can express our thoughts without fearing backlash. I'm hoping to speak and maybe meet new people using this site, and don't want my membership to be short lived. Was it Bambi's mum that said "if you haven't anything nice to say, don't say it at all".... could be a miss quote ....... have a lovely Wednesday everyone

Elegran Wed 22-Jan-20 11:32:28

Rufus Mine is "Another one bites the dust" ever since I went to a funeral where that was the music to which we left the crem (all grinning). The rest of the proceedings were of the same high iconoclastic standard, The deceased had planned it all himself. Great funeral, the only thing that would have made it perfect it would have been the man himself there to share the jokes and hugs. A pity we don't hold our funerals BEFORE we leave.

Sorry about the digression.

Elegran Wed 22-Jan-20 11:37:29

It's OK, Maw I think Rufus was just enjoying acting the thicko over the stick. He grasped it perfectly well in reality.

MawB Wed 22-Jan-20 11:53:32

???

janeainsworth Wed 22-Jan-20 13:01:20

Mine is "Another one bites the dust"
Elegran Someone I know who is a devout Elvis fan has specified ‘Burning Love’ for when the curtains close behind his coffin shockgrin

gillybob Wed 22-Jan-20 13:15:35

An old auntie of mine had “Wild Thing” at her funeral which to this day I cannot believe she chose. She was the least “ wild thing” You could imagine . When it started playing (the familiar opening) We all just stood there open mouthed.

Rufus2 Thu 23-Jan-20 10:59:17

Mine is "Another one bites the dust"
Elegran;

Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
If the Lord don't get you
Then the Devil must.
You were all grinning when you left the crem, so no bagpipe s farewell!?
I'm going one further than your deceased friend; as well as a music playlist I'm writing my own eulogy.
Problem will be finding someone trustworthy who won't re-edit it! hmm
OoRoo