Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Hi new here.. and finding my way

(32 Posts)
Cass64 Thu 18-Feb-21 09:35:40

Hi , Im not new to forums but Im starting to feel a bit left out with all the girls talk of lipstick babies and boyfriends.

Im a grandma. I dont dye my hair Ive earned every grey hair I have and Im proud of them.

Maybe its about time I chatted with other people my age who understand the ouch when we stand up and the awww when we try to do stuff we used to do at 18...

Hopefully find some similar people here..

Hugs
Cass

kittylester Thu 18-Feb-21 13:14:43

Welcome cass. Just a reminder that not everyone on here is female but everyone is friendly!

Lexisgranny Thu 18-Feb-21 13:18:29

Hello Cass, I am a youthful 35 year old, cunningly disguised in a somewhat creaking body, with grey/white hair and occasionally wear spectacles to conceal the eye bags! I would really love to wear vertiginous heels, but regrettably nowadays aim at comfort. What I am try to say is that whatever the age range, I, like the majority of those on this site who are in the upper age range, feel that I am young at heart. The diversity of members adds to the general interest, I think you will fit in well!

Cass64 Thu 18-Feb-21 18:38:30

Lexisgranny

Hello Cass, I am a youthful 35 year old, cunningly disguised in a somewhat creaking body, with grey/white hair and occasionally wear spectacles to conceal the eye bags! I would really love to wear vertiginous heels, but regrettably nowadays aim at comfort. What I am try to say is that whatever the age range, I, like the majority of those on this site who are in the upper age range, feel that I am young at heart. The diversity of members adds to the general interest, I think you will fit in well!

I do know what you mean, a few years ago I stood up to some teenagers who were tormenting swans in a local park..It was my son who stopped me saying 'mum, please youre not 18 anymore'. I forget until something hurts or I cant get my leg up somewhere I want to climb onto.

So Im not 18anymore and yes I do forget it sometimes.

Cass64 Tue 23-Feb-21 15:40:38

Well I thought it was time to find people my own age. Of course I forget that more important than age is outlook and attitude.

I hope I never become closed minded or unfeeling towards other people or people .
I hope that my outlook remains left of center and open to new ideas and attitudes.

I hope that my past can be an enrichment and not a place to hide in.

I hope that mine will always be an open heart not closed or cold.
I hope that I will always be able to embrace people for who they are and for the goodness they have inside,

In any case I know in my heart and mind Im not old enough for this yet.

silverlining48 Tue 23-Feb-21 16:49:24

I don’t think we ever feel old enough for this Cass. Welcome.

Shinamae Tue 23-Feb-21 16:56:30

Welcome ?