Gransnet forums

News & politics

Shami Chakrobati now Shadow Attorney General in Corbyn reshuffle

(706 Posts)
POGS Thu 06-Oct-16 19:48:07

Well this could be interesting.

Rosie Winterton sacked from Chief Whips position and Nick Brown back in the Cabinet again. Baroness Shami Chakrabarti has done very well since joining Labour she is now Shadow Attorney General and Dianne Abbot Shadow Home Secretary, Dawn Butler Shadow Minority Ethnic Communities, Sarah Champion Shadow Women and Equalities Minister and Jo Stevens Shadow Secretary of State for Wales.

It will be interesting to see if any who signed 'No Confidence' in Corbyn can/will be in Corbyn's reshuffled Cabinet Team. Time for 'Unity'?

Anniebach Thu 06-Oct-16 20:01:45

Jo Stevens refused to sign the no confidence list , we now have Shami the life long party member - well six months party member - bestest friend Abbot ,Big D has quite a large number of women surrounding him

Ana Thu 06-Oct-16 20:05:11

I can't believe people actually call him that! It's so 'not him'...grin

Anniebach Thu 06-Oct-16 21:22:01

I can, they sing Wind Beneath My Wings to him , embarrassing .

The new positions given to women cannot be described as reaching out, most are London MP's

Glamorousgray Thu 06-Oct-16 21:32:51

Showing my ignorance here but what does 'D'stand for in big 'D' - sure it's not what I am thinking!

Anniebach Thu 06-Oct-16 21:42:36

What are you thinking ? grin

Ana Thu 06-Oct-16 21:45:03

Ha, ha - what you're thinking might be more appropriate, Glamorousgray! grin

Glamorousgray Thu 06-Oct-16 22:50:49

Still no wiser - should it not be big 'C' for Corbyn?

POGS Fri 07-Oct-16 00:12:00

I don't know how to answer that as I've just returned from the pub.

Big 'D' is apparently Big Daddy Glamorous grey.

durhamjen Fri 07-Oct-16 00:40:40

'Labour MPs have yet to select a challenger to Corbyn in this trial, although several candidates have stepped forward including: Chukka ‘The Pain’ Ummuna, Tom ‘Big Daddy’ Watson and Yvette Cooper.
When approached for comment, Tony Blair stated: ‘I don’t care who wins the trial so long as the victor invades Iraq as their first act.’ '

Someone got the rumour wrong.

Anniebach Fri 07-Oct-16 08:16:19

No link?

Anniebach Fri 07-Oct-16 08:29:59

With so many women surrounding him he seems more a Rudolph Valentino

petra Fri 07-Oct-16 08:50:34

Rudolph Valentino grin if it wasn't so pitiful it would be funny.
I do wish the media would stop stating that Diane abbot is his ex lover. The image in my head is not a pretty one.

rosesarered Fri 07-Oct-16 08:52:40

I thought it may be Big Dope.grin

rosesarered Fri 07-Oct-16 08:54:19

I think Jezza likes to be surrounded by women, as he finds men to be too confrontational.

TerriBull Fri 07-Oct-16 09:25:10

"Surrounded by women" but yet to have one leading the party hmm Slightly off subject, I notice two of his closest female acolytes, Shami and Diane Abbot opted for private education for their children, does Labour deem the private system preferable to grammar schools. I probably should have posted this on another thread somewhere or other, but just wondering.

rosesarered Fri 07-Oct-16 09:28:38

Just more hypocracy I feel ( the schools.)

Anniebach Fri 07-Oct-16 09:34:32

As did Emily Thornberry his shadow foreign secretary choose for her children

Anniebach Fri 07-Oct-16 09:39:33

Rosesarered, you cannot accuse all labour MP's of hypocrisy because of a few, Labour Party is against grammer schools , that Shami tried to get her son into Eaton shouldn't reflect badly on all labour MP's

petra Fri 07-Oct-16 09:42:21

TerriBull Of course they think it's ok, that's why they do it. But what they haven't woken up to yet because they are so wrapped up in their Westminster bubble, is that your average joe IS waking up to their opinion of us.

rosesarered Fri 07-Oct-16 09:51:28

Am not accusing all ab just the ones in TerriBulls post.

Nain9bach Fri 07-Oct-16 09:52:50

What the hell?! I did my degree a whole lifetime ago. Part of my studies included Diversity. Not women, not race, not gender type. Getting my drift. Is the Labour Party in some sort if time warp? The more you lable the more you highlight differences!

rosesarered Fri 07-Oct-16 09:53:04

...and of course any others in the Labour Party who do it.

Anniebach Fri 07-Oct-16 09:53:34

Petra you are accusing all labour MP's fir the actions of a few . Emily Thornberry is such s hypocrite , when questioned in the labour conference on her choice of school for her children yet speaking out against grammer schools she said - I want the best fir my children and I want the best for everyone's children.

She is the MP who got into Ed Millibands bad books when she posted a photograph of a chaps house which had the English flag in the Windows

Anniebach Fri 07-Oct-16 09:55:18

Rosesarered, TerriBull did say Labour not some in labour