Gransnet forums

News & politics

Is Trump showing worrying signs of mental disorder?

(244 Posts)
MawBroon Mon 30-Jan-17 22:09:45

This article in the Independent certainly gives food for thought, and puts things into perspective. It may explain a lot.
www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/donald-trump-mental-illness-narcisissm-us-president-psychologists-inauguration-crowd-size-paranoia-a7552661.html?cmpid=facebook-post

Luckygirl Mon 30-Jan-17 22:17:02

Is the Pope Catholic?

Anniebach Mon 30-Jan-17 22:18:52

In my opinion, most definately

Luckygirl Mon 30-Jan-17 22:19:02

But, seriously, does anyone doubt that he is mentally unstable?
His grip on reality is tenuous at best.

Anniebach Mon 30-Jan-17 22:44:04

I am serious, sorry haven't read the link , eyes aching. he is mentally ill , not in touch with reality, many politicians lie but they try to hide the fact, not him. His lack of need of sleep, tweeting in the night and day , so many of his actions show this man is unbalanced

GracesGranMK2 Mon 30-Jan-17 22:50:17

But what if they decide he is - how much damage could he have do before he can be removed?

Cherrytree59 Mon 30-Jan-17 23:02:00

Who will be able to remove him?
He has surrounded himself with sycophants.

Emperor's New Clothes springs to mind.

Rigby46 Mon 30-Jan-17 23:08:36

He will have a 'heart attack' surely?

GracesGranMK2 Mon 30-Jan-17 23:14:34

Rigby! Sycophants fall away when their source of power looks like being taken away. Would he be impeached? I have always thought it would be like Al Capone and they would get him on his taxes but perhaps it will be the men in white coats. How did we get to this?

Jalima Mon 30-Jan-17 23:15:24

I would not dare to say that they are right as I have never met him (and am thankful for that).

phoenix Mon 30-Jan-17 23:17:41

Be afraid, be very afraid.

The scariest thing is that he has a lot of people who agree with what he's doing.

Trouble with doing links on this tablet, but try listening to the American spokeswoman interviewed on Radio 4 this evening, sometime between 5 & 6 pm, scary!

Anniebach Mon 30-Jan-17 23:17:57

It will not lead to him being found not of sound mind. I don't think he will serve four years , an accident perhaps

Rigby46 Mon 30-Jan-17 23:18:08

Nope GGMK2 deffo heart attack. Mental illness or impeachment would be too damaging to the US reputation - but whatever, it would then be President Pence and on some issues he makes Trump look like a softie.

grumppa Mon 30-Jan-17 23:20:33

And what about the mental state of those who voted for him?

Jalima Mon 30-Jan-17 23:24:43

and there are a lot of them grumppa
but not as many as for Clinton

UPDATE 12/5 10:55 a.m. ET: Hillary Clinton's lead in the popular vote has continued to grow unwaveringly since Election Day. According to the latest figures by the Cook Political Report, Clinton has 65,316,724 votes, while Donald Trump has 62,719,568, giving the former secretary of state a lead of nearly 2.6 million votes.

daphnedill Mon 30-Jan-17 23:24:56

Section 4 of the 25th Amendment reads as follows: “Whenever the Vice President and a majority [of the US cabinet] transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.”

So Mike Pence has to be convinced that Trump is insane. Pence would then become Acting POTUS.

MawBroon Mon 30-Jan-17 23:32:41

Quis custodiet ipsos custodientes?

Ginny42 Mon 30-Jan-17 23:39:50

Thank you for the link MB. And there you have it. Scan down the list and you will identify occasions when you have seen most of those traits. I said on another thread that we are witnessing the traits, but psychologsts the world over understand them.

Who will guard the guards? Indeed!

Yes, it's truly terrifying.

Nelliemoser Mon 30-Jan-17 23:41:02

Trumps mentally unstable behaviour has has been known about long before he stood for president.

Thank God we have a different system. At least a UK head of government has to be an experienced politician and prove himself over many years to appear to have some political nous

Have a look on facebook on sites like
Americans Against Trump
Expose Trump
Watch this.
www.learnprogress.org/trump-psychotic-meltdown/

Trump was seen on video bleating about how people love him and totally denying the facts, visible to everyone and in all the media that in all the photographs that many of the massive blocks of seating were empty. He is a serious risk to us all.

Ginny42 Mon 30-Jan-17 23:42:30

And here are two of his advisers.

uk.yahoo.com/style/ivanka-trump-shows-off-4000-dress-in-midst-of-immigration-chaos-090253911.html

Jalima Mon 30-Jan-17 23:44:48

Has anyone read the comments at the bottom of MawBroon's link?
shock

Ginny42 Mon 30-Jan-17 23:46:41

I note there's a petition to impeach Trump on the learningprogress site Nellie.

MawBroon Mon 30-Jan-17 23:54:50

The comments chill me if anything even more jalima and explain why he was elected, do they not.
Like this one from a "susiewong"
What a desperate, mean, small, NWO newspaper you are. God bless President Trump, President Putin and all those who trust in God and protect their own country and people. And may àll those who seek to do otherwise suffer the penalty for high treason

Strangely appropriate name ? hmm? .

MawBroon Tue 31-Jan-17 07:39:17

Or this one?

From TreeOfLifeSword (sounds ominously Right wing /fundamentalist even from its name ?)

No. That was the prior president. We now have a President (Trump) who actually cares about the country and its people. The media and establishment would have people believe otherwise, but they are traitorous elites who care only about power over the citizenry not each citizens well being. I'm very happy with this president

<what hope is there>

whitewave Tue 31-Jan-17 07:55:26

Oh that sounds like someone who believes in globalist eliticism there all as ,ad as a box of frogs.Their site makes entertaining reading grin