Gransnet forums

News & politics

VERY IMPORTANT NHS News!

(85 Posts)
NikkiW Mon 29-May-17 10:02:57

No matter who you are thinking of voting for on the 8th June, please watch this short clip on the Naylor report which the tories are backing.

So, in easy short words, Theresa May is not just in favour of selling off the NHS, she thinks the government should PAY people to TAKE IT AWAY. A BOGOF deal on hospitals, buy one get one free

We should be angry at the TEN BILLION POUNDS they are expecting to spend on the process of giving (sorry selling) the NHS to private companies, OVER AND ABOVE the BOGOF deal

The bottom line:
Trusts must sell their hospitals, or be deprived of public funding to keep them open. The government will throw away whatever money it takes to make the sales of assets more attractive, and Theresa May supports this idea.

Please share far and wide - we need to get this message out!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx3hrpDCct8

www.whitehouseconsulting.co.uk/…/The-Naylor-Review-…

#votelabour

daphnedill Tue 30-May-17 09:34:29

Ooops! Oh well! It's worth repeating and,if people, haven't watched it, they should.

durhamjen Tue 30-May-17 12:21:40

I agree. And here it is again, courtesy of skwawkbox.

skwawkbox.org/2017/05/30/may-loves-naylorreport-everyone-must-seeshare-video-ge17-nhs/

Pass this on to everyone on facebook, etc.
Apparently not many people have watched it so far.

durhamjen Tue 30-May-17 12:35:49

Just to show how the tories go back on their funding promises.

theconversation.com/tory-manifestos-nhs-and-social-care-promises-do-they-add-up-77991

May said on that video that capital was different to ordinary everyday spending. However she used cuts to capital spending as a reason not to give the NHS the £8 billion promised.

varian Tue 30-May-17 13:47:01

Theresa May suggests UK health services could be part of US trade deal, presumably because the brexit disaster will make us utterly desperate to trade with anyone on any terms.

No one who cares about the NHS should even consider voting for her party.

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-donald-trump-nhs-us-trade-deal-brexit-torture-a7548156.html

durhamjen Tue 30-May-17 15:24:54

I am writing to let you know that I will not stand for the destruction of the NHS. My family, friends and I refuse to accept American health insurance -

style funding arrangements for the NHS and Social Care. These are being introduced through the secretive Sustainability and Transformation Plans.

We call on you as a Parliamentary Candidate to say 'NO' to Accountable Care Systems/Organisations in the NHS that would turn it into a version

of the American Medicare/Medicaid system. These new models of care will end the NHS as a comprehensive service that provides the full range

of care to all who need it, free at the point of need.*

whocanivotefor.co.uk/elections/

From 38 degrees.

BlueBelle Tue 30-May-17 16:46:25

I haven't read the whole thread so apologise if this has been covered

whitewave Tue 30-May-17 17:03:58

Yes Brexit is going to make a potential huge and disastrous scenario

varian Wed 31-May-17 11:41:45

The reciprocal health service arrangement we have enjoyed as EU members has benefited Britain far more than the other countries because of the large number of retired Brits living in other EU countries, people who are more likely to have health problems than young folk. EU migrants living in the UK tend to be young and working, paying taxes, many working in care services and the NHS but less likely to need treatment.

The NHS would be hit with a bill for an extra £500m a year if all the retired British citizens now living in Europe could no longer get care post-Brexit and returned to the UK, a report from a healthcare thinktank has calculated.

According to the Nuffield Trust, the cost of Brexit to the NHS and social care system would be higher still if the numbers of nurses and care workers currently coming to the UK from Europe fell. Its report says there could be a shortfall of 70,000 paid carers by 2025/26 if the migration of unskilled workers to Britain from Europe is no longer permitted.

www.theguardian.com/society/2017/may/31/nhs-faces-500m-a-year-bill-post-brexit-for-returning-retirees-says-thinktank?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=228452&subid=21678002&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

durhamjen Wed 31-May-17 20:37:13

i2.wp.com/voxpoliticalonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/170507-Tory-NHS-record.jpg?w=428