Gransnet forums

News & politics

Pollsters predict shock Tory Losses

(185 Posts)
GracesGranMK2 Tue 30-May-17 22:42:27

YouGov estimate points to hung parliament with 20 fewer seats for May

Its only one poll but a very large one predicting a Conservative Party loss of 20 seats and Labour gain of nearly 30 leading to a hung parliament.

whitewave Wed 07-Jun-17 14:35:31

eleo yes you are right. But I don't think the signs are good.

devongirl Wed 07-Jun-17 14:38:28

What I personally worry about with the "shock Tory losses" polls is that it will encourage Condervative supporters to vote with their party to avert a Labour win/hung parliament, even thought they may have been underwhelmed or even put off by the performances of TM et al.

norose4 Wed 07-Jun-17 15:19:14

Well perhaps the election can be cancelled & we can all stay at home & bake a cake instead as it seems the professional pollsters have already done the calculations ? I hate these pointless & meaningless polls, it's like they are feeding us information with the intention of manipulating our thought processs & who we subsequently vote for ?

GracesGranMK2 Wed 07-Jun-17 15:35:44

I don't want to add to the hysteria a few on here say they are feeling but Survation where still predicting no overall win for any party at lunch time SO EVERY ANTI-MAY VOTE IS NEEDED.

They are releasing their last figures at 11 o'clock tonight apparently.

Rigby46 Wed 07-Jun-17 15:40:52

norose I would absolutely love it if all polls were banned during the election. I know it won't happen but wouldn't it be great?

norose4 Wed 07-Jun-17 15:44:24

It really would be Rigby46, it would be like Christmas Day used to be, either a delightful surprise or a resounding disappointment ?

GracesGranMK2 Wed 07-Jun-17 16:04:13

I'm not sure about banning polls Rigby. With such a biased press it does give some idea what voters, rather than press backed by the rich right wing, are thinking. They are not perfect but the press is such a long way from perfect they seem to give a view which is attempting to be unbiased.

devongirl Wed 07-Jun-17 16:08:00

But they've been catastrophically wring in recent years GG which leads to disappointment or delight depending on your view of the outcome, but either way, do we really need that?

devongirl Wed 07-Jun-17 16:10:01

wrong even!