Gransnet forums

News & politics

How much will a flight cost after Brexit?

(331 Posts)
trisher Fri 14-Jul-17 13:51:03

With Ryan Air stating that it may not fly to the EU from Britain after Brexit and easyjet setting up an operation in Austria are we looking towards a time when there will be no cheap flights to EU countries?

MaizieD Fri 21-Jul-17 23:48:03

Of course the money won't go to the school. It'll go into the LA's coffers. It probably just covers the admin costs plus a small excess.

gillybob Fri 21-Jul-17 23:49:49

Good idea chewy. Thanks I might just do that.

My DS and DDiL were fined last year 2016 for taking their children out of school for a week. It was a big family wedding and over 30 family members attended. Out of 6 school age children who attended only my DS and DDiL were fined as their children's school refused to authorize the absence. It surely has to be across the board or not at all. Mind you happy for those that got away with it.

trisher Sat 22-Jul-17 12:31:31

Hi gillybob it's Martin Lewis- money saving expert-http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/school-holiday-fines

trisher Sat 22-Jul-17 12:32:02

Oh damn missed space www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/school-holiday-fines

NfkDumpling Sat 22-Jul-17 17:47:01

It seems to be a nice little earner for the LEA to me. Holiday time prices have been hiked up so high now it's generally worth paying the fine. Taking them out a week before the end of term saves a packet and most often little learning takes place in those last few days.