Gransnet forums

News & politics

Being right more important than what's right.

(131 Posts)
Luckylegs9 Fri 15-Dec-17 07:40:05

Cannot watch the news anymore. All these objections to a democratic decision to exit is dreadful. Instead of all working together to get the best for our country, they want to bankrupt us and bring us to our knees. People are suffering, we need to move on. There is nothing worse than a bad loser and a bully to boot. It has shown people's self interest and total disregard for our Country, a place I love with so much that is good about it.what treachery.

MaizieD Mon 18-Dec-17 15:30:51

Is sarcasm the new #offensive'?

durhamjen Mon 18-Dec-17 15:40:21

I love that Shneider tweet, Maizie.
He's right. Never saw it on that bus.

MaizieD Mon 18-Dec-17 15:57:39

I just don't understand how we got from 'it's all going to be easy' to 'we're going to have to work hard at this'. Or rather 'you're going to have to work hard at this', (so we're not really 'all in together' are we?)

It's similar to Liam Fox telling business man that they're lazy. It's contemptuous, arrogant and unpleasant.

And bloody annoying for those who didn't vote to be put in this situation. Stuff up the economy and everyones' businesses then tell them they'll have to try harder. angry

durhamjen Mon 18-Dec-17 16:11:47

I see in today's paper it says that Liam Fox is going to employ his own team of nine Brexit negotiators, paid £120,000 each. Liam Fox's million pound power grab, it's being called.
What's the betting Adam Werrity is one of them.

durhamjen Mon 18-Dec-17 21:06:59

www.theguardian.com/society/2017/dec/18/uk-ministers-blocking-appointments-rights-watchdog-ehrc-lawyers

Is this acceptable, luckylegs?
May always said she wanted to get rid of the human rights act. Now she's blocking appointments.