Gransnet forums

News & politics

Laura Plummer jailed

(84 Posts)
Nelliemoser Tue 26-Dec-17 17:45:40

Ok to liven up post Christmas.
What do you think about this woman being jailed, was she naive?

It is illegal to buy prescription-only drugs without a prescription or consultation in the UK, whether on or offline. This law currently does not apply to websites based abroad *as long as you're buying for personal use .
29 Sep 2015*
She has said she was buying them for her boyfriends use.

This nasty opiate is the recreation drug of choice in Egypt.

Buying prescription drugs online - The Mix
www.themix.org.uk/drink-and...and...law/buying-prescription-drugs-online-9592.html

vampirequeen Thu 28-Dec-17 11:36:16

Although over the counter and prescription only drugs are legal in this country most people will understand the media usage of 'legal' as being the same as 'over the counter'.

Jane10 Thu 28-Dec-17 11:42:12

True vampirequeen. The media are making it seem a travesty of justice. Her sister going on about how 'she's being imprisoned for being kind' is just pathetic. How stupid do they think the great British public are?!

WilmaKnickersfit Thu 28-Dec-17 11:56:30

She must have lied when she was leaving the UK. At the UK airport she should have declared she was carrying the drug. She needed to prove the drug was prescribed to her and show a letter from the prescribing physician. The letter must include:

Your name
What countries you’re going to and when
A list of your medicine, including how much you have, doses and the strength
The signature of the person who prescribed your drugs

This information is from the government website and it highlights this -

You could get a fine or go to prison if you travel with medicine that’s illegal in another country - check with the embassy of the country you’re going to before you travel.

She knew what she was doing. She just didn't expect to get caught, nor did she realise the seriousness of any repercussions.

vampirequeen Thu 28-Dec-17 12:08:38

I wonder how many times she's done it and got away with it.

Deedaa Thu 28-Dec-17 12:26:34

Her father says she is such an innocent little flower that she goes to bed at 9pm every night because she worries about being late for work! Really??? How on earth does she manage to travel backwards and forwards to Egypt alone?
I hope the "friend" is investigated. DH takes Tramadol and I have to sign for it when I pick it up - and never more than 100 at a time.

Deedaa Thu 28-Dec-17 12:26:50

Her father says she is such an innocent little flower that she goes to bed at 9pm every night because she worries about being late for work! Really??? How on earth does she manage to travel backwards and forwards to Egypt alone?
I hope the "friend" is investigated. DH takes Tramadol and I have to sign for it when I pick it up - and never more than 100 at a time.

NannyTee Thu 28-Dec-17 12:33:09

Her Father obviously doesn't know his little flower enough. Nor what she gets up to. She knew exactly what she was doing.

Oldwoman70 Thu 28-Dec-17 13:17:30

An innocent little flower who has travelled to Egypt several times to continue an affair with a married man. I too wonder how often she has done this and got away with it. If, as is claimed, her "boyfriend" has serious back pain why is he not getting legal painkillers in Egypt?