Gransnet forums

News & politics

Can't believe it!

(80 Posts)
Jane10 Fri 18-May-18 18:08:03

BBC news at 6. Main 'headlines' a load of crap about the Royal wedding preparations plus would you believe it? - interviews with other people getting married tomorrow. Meanwhile in the real world there's been another mass shooting at a school in America and the UN condemns Israel for its behaviour.
Priorities please BBC!! You are meant to be reporting the news. Leave the fluff to Hello magazine. angry

Anniebach Tue 22-May-18 16:12:24

I agree niggly, most of the work by the RF takes place without any publicity, Anne does so much but is ignored because she isn’t young or glam.

nigglynellie Tue 22-May-18 16:33:41

Exactly annie, philanthropists come in all shapes, sizes and families including the RF. A lot of what they do is often not recorded or talked about, but happens just the same, and to belittle anyone's contribution simply because of who they are, apart from bein horrid, actually doesn't make any sense!,

maryeliza54 Tue 22-May-18 18:08:40

It’s not about my own life changing Brid it’s about the bigger picture but it won’t happen anyway - doesn’t stop me thinking it would make us a more grown up society.

Bridgeit Tue 22-May-18 19:00:58

Can you explain what you mean by a grown up society?