Gransnet forums

News & politics

No deal BREXIT.

(176 Posts)
boat Wed 13-Mar-19 19:53:01

Four votes!! That's damn close.

jura2 Thu 14-Mar-19 16:00:44

now tell me andy- will your job be on the line, your medicines, your cancer treatment, your ... (endless list) or that of your children and granchildren?

POGS, not sure. Scotland has a devolved Parliament, so ...

andycameron69 Thu 14-Mar-19 16:04:31

I will nit believe scare tactics. Fear does not get to me where Brexit is concerned, at all

I know the majority voted out so out we go.

I did not vote for some lying deal that keeps GB in, It was leave or stay..end of...simple really I see.

it will be fine. WTO far better than lying ghastly EU

Lyndiloo Thu 14-Mar-19 16:13:01

Well said, Synonymous!

Greta Thu 14-Mar-19 16:16:20

Labaik: If I hear one more person say 'let's get on with it' I'll scream. On a par with 'taking back control'...meaningless jingoism.

I feel the same. Also: "The people voted to leave". You never hear "just over half of the people voted to leave". The fact is that the other just under half of the people voted to remain. They have been ignored. Democracy?

andycameron69 Thu 14-Mar-19 16:21:16

majority won leave, simple.

just get on with it I say

suzied Thu 14-Mar-19 16:21:46

It wasn't even half the people Greta it was less than 30% of the population.

crystaltipps Thu 14-Mar-19 16:25:04

Will of the people?

andycameron69 Thu 14-Mar-19 16:26:07

it was the majority of people who voted.....leave...I find that really easy to understand.......

out we go

andycameron69 Thu 14-Mar-19 16:26:34

a majority of one is a majority......I am thrilled

andycameron69 Thu 14-Mar-19 16:27:26

i am in a majority in a fab country with democracy...

suzied Thu 14-Mar-19 16:34:39

andy Thank you for explaining what majority means. You have obviously been reading the Ladybird book on Brexit. I must get a copy. With all this excitement you have to be careful at your age and make sure you have enough sanitary supplies in. But sorry, you can't pretend to speak for the whole country. Plus many don't have much faith in the democratic process in this country, so to call it a democracy is now wearing a bit thin. House of Lords anyone?

andycameron69 Thu 14-Mar-19 16:39:23

I speak for me actually, and I know I am in the majority of voters...who voted Leave...Leave ...Leave, easy to understand

out we go

grin

legally WTO.. these votes mean nothing legally, so carry on voting in Parliament

giggling

andycameron69 Thu 14-Mar-19 16:40:33

smile

Greta Thu 14-Mar-19 16:49:41

andy:
^i am in a majority in a fab country with democracy...
Just shows me how many traitors are running the UK...^

Aren't you contradiction yourself here? Surely that's not how a democracy is run.

Also, your endless rants about ”evil/ghastly/horrid EU”; the EU is made up of 28 countries. We are one of them. We are still in the EU so it follows then, according to your logic, that ”evil/ghastly/horrid ”also applies to us.

andycameron69 Thu 14-Mar-19 16:55:23

it doesn't

suzied Thu 14-Mar-19 17:05:40

Is the House of Lords democratic? Is our parliament really democratic? How can we be a "fab country" when we are run by "traitors" ? Weren't they elected by a majority of voters? We have helped shape the EU, so we are presumably part of that evilness. Is France a "fab country"? or is it just this one?We aren't that special, sorry, plenty of undemocratic processes in the UK., plenty of other fab countries.

andycameron69 Thu 14-Mar-19 17:13:11

UK GB the best country,, so many great attributes.

Just a question, How many referendums shall we have in the hope that Remain will ever win?

loads and loads?

we had one and Leave won?

lots and lots?

paddyann Thu 14-Mar-19 17:22:16

Scotland is a sovereign country ,has been an independent nation with its own Law ,religion ,education system etc .We could just dissolve the union ..but with so many union flag waving OO supporting eegits here the wisest way is to get the article 30 and do it that way .
Remember it took TWO referendums for us to gain devolution.Like EVERY democracy we are entitled to change our minds and with the Brexit fiasco the numbers FOR independence have risen and are still rising .Given many voted to stay in the UK because they were told it was the ONLY way to stay in the EU that is no surprise .The EU has said ifteh UK leaves and Scotland gains Independence we would simply take their place.All EU criteria is already met and EU laws in place there would be NO long wait to get entry .You wont hear THAT on the BBC!!

andycameron69 Thu 14-Mar-19 17:25:50

out we go in law. 29.03.2019

my day to celebrate with the majority who voted...

grin

Gonegirl Thu 14-Mar-19 17:29:17

andy I don't understand this "giggling". What is actually funny? I could understand smiling, like this smile but the giggling sounds daft to be honest.

andycameron69 Thu 14-Mar-19 17:37:50

never mind

smile

some things make me giggle..
im a giggler

andycameron69 Thu 14-Mar-19 17:41:26

why don't we have another 12 to 34 referendums. see what happens I wonder.

janeainsworth Thu 14-Mar-19 17:44:27

jura your post at 15.26.
Exactly so - very well put ??

Gonegirl Thu 14-Mar-19 17:49:32

Ok andy. smile

andycameron69 Thu 14-Mar-19 18:01:00

smile better........