Gransnet forums

News & politics

If you are a remainer

(80 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Sun 19-May-19 09:19:44

I’m voting Green in my area, but I would vote Lib Dem if it was indicating I should.

www.bestforbritain.org/poll_largest_poll_so_far_shows_how_each_region_is_voting_ahead_of_thursday_s_euro_elections

Charleygirl5 Mon 20-May-19 21:48:56

I posted my voting papers early evening and it was for Lib Dems. That is a first but it has to be done tactically.

annodomini Mon 20-May-19 22:10:27

Cheers, Charley

Ginny42 Mon 20-May-19 23:49:22

MaizieD we must have the same prescription lenses, your post made perfect sense to me - even at this late stage in the proceedings.

Cindersdad Tue 21-May-19 07:57:10

I've voted LibDem by post, have a "B*****S to BREXIT" sticker on the Car. I know very few Leavers so really don't understand where they all come from or the rationale behind their thinking.

The only point I agree with NF on is that the Political system is broken. The final break in the system has been caused by both the main parties drifting to extreme positions which do not work for anyone.

The Centre Ground needs to be filled by politicians who are not afraid to say what they think and will not be swayed but populist gut reactions. NF is capitalizing on the nastier type of gut reactions,

What do you think would happen if Brexit was simply cancelled with no People's Vote to stop it democratically. There would probably be a short period of civil unrest but that would no worse the civil unrest caused by Leaving without a People's Vote when the effects of Brexit have fully taken effect.