Gransnet forums

News & politics

When WAS Ivanka trump elected?

(67 Posts)
paddyann Thu 11-Jul-19 22:51:45

Now the news is out Liam Fox will be negotiating post Brexit deals with none other than Ivanka Trump....the news just gets better and better .Can any Brexiteer tell me why this is good news for our trade or lack of with the good old US of A?
Why in all thats happening accross the pond and here is America happy with trump's daughter working in a n official capacity ?

MawBroonsback Thu 11-Jul-19 23:14:14

I understand Larry the Downing St cat is a front runner for the new ambassador to Washington.🐱

suziewoozie Thu 11-Jul-19 23:35:56

To be fair, she wears very pretty pink dresses, has shiny blonde hair and perfect teeth #bekindtoIvanka

SueH49 Thu 11-Jul-19 23:38:19

She is my tip for a Presidential candidate to take over from Donald in 2024!

crazyH Thu 11-Jul-19 23:38:26

And she speaks French 😂

suziewoozie Thu 11-Jul-19 23:59:03

Not sure speaking French is a plus - remember what they said about John Kerry

gransal Fri 12-Jul-19 00:22:12

Nepotism anyone !!

crystaltipps Fri 12-Jul-19 04:26:00

She was a third rate jewellery designer, so she’s bound to be good at international trade negotiation.

absent Fri 12-Jul-19 04:46:02

She hopes, possibly even expects to be the USA's first woman President. If that happens, we may as well all slit out throats. Mind you, Donald Trump keeps tweeting about a third term for himself, even though he has no guarantee of a second one – and then he puts "only joking" in brackets afterwards, rather like he did when he suggested his face should be added to the presidents' carvings on Mount Rushmore.

kittylester Fri 12-Jul-19 06:46:06

I asked just that question yesterday!

Ginny42 Fri 12-Jul-19 06:47:49

It will be interesting to see whether they can make anything stick on her husband who has been subpoenaed to appear before the House committee for alleged interference in the election. How was that family ever allowed to take over the White House? The photograph of her and Kushner peering out of a window at Buckingham Palace during the Trump visit sent a chill down my spine.

GillT57 Fri 12-Jul-19 07:13:28

Just when you think things can't get worse, they do. Kushner is cut from the same cloth as his father who was jailed not only for tax evasion but for witness intimidation. Trumps two sons are known as Dumb and Dumber in USA according to Americans we were chatting to on holiday this year.

Johno Fri 12-Jul-19 07:23:26

Bill Burr is, in my opinion, the worlds best comedian. Please watch him on YouTube he is phenomenal. He does a skit on the very thing you mention re "who elects the Presidents wife"? He compares it to a man who is a Plumber, you call him to your home to repair the Toilet - then up comes his wife and starts to tell you how it is done and the cost. Hilarious.
That said: I think Trump is brilliant and I voted EXIT EU no deal. I like strong leadership.

suziewoozie Fri 12-Jul-19 07:43:11

Re Trump and a third term - putting Ivanka in will be the equivalent of what Putin did. Trump learns from the best.

anenome9 Fri 12-Jul-19 08:38:38

I call her Princess Nepotiti!

Glammy57 Fri 12-Jul-19 08:44:11

I refer to her as Nepotism Barbie!

Grannycool52 Fri 12-Jul-19 08:51:22

It really is frightening. How did America come to this?

quizqueen Fri 12-Jul-19 09:04:33

I expect she was ( non) elected by the same sort of team who thought an failed old drunk was suitable to be the President of the EU Empire.

seadragon Fri 12-Jul-19 09:30:22

Grannycool52 - indeed: how did we come to where we are? Something we joked about (Trump and Johnson both in power) about to become a reality

anenome9 Fri 12-Jul-19 09:52:30

I think she’s always eyeing the camera for good photo shoots of herself. For her, looks are everything, hence the extensive dental work, cosmetic surgery, hours at the gym, expensive outfits and glued on smile. Going to faraway photo shoots like the G20 makes for a new background that flatters her. She’s compiling a portfolio for future awfulness.

Barmeyoldbat Fri 12-Jul-19 10:03:35

Tory shame Liam Fox is my MP and he spends a great deal of time in the US sucking up to DT and family but not getting the deals. As for Ivanka, well words fail me, she didn't even start at the bottom and work her way up, just floated into the top with a dim look on her face. It must be really embarrassing for some Americans.

4allweknow Fri 12-Jul-19 10:22:05

Nothing to say, still trying to breathe after hearing this!

Jaxie Fri 12-Jul-19 10:46:26

I feel sorry for the Queen ( and I'm a republican) having to host vulgar upstarts like the Trumps.

Annaram1 Fri 12-Jul-19 11:09:01

Oh my! So much jealousy about the pretty Ivanka! I met a few Americans on the train recently, and during our chat they said that Trump is an embarrassment to the US. Ivanka isn't. I think both she and Melania are an asset.

Margs Fri 12-Jul-19 11:27:19

Ivanka is the queen of the gravity-defying beehive hairdo....I wonder if she gives Donald tips on his (weirdy) hair, much to the annoyance of Melania?

Liam Fox obviously fancies the Mature Barbie look (brains optional)......