Gransnet forums

News & politics

The Real Prime Minister

(83 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Sun 01-Sep-19 07:49:40

There are rumours that the Prime Minister Dominic Cummings is going to call a general Election next Thursday in order to stuff the House of Commons.

Throughout the U.K. people are on the streets protesting at our loss of sovereignty. Just how far is Cummings prepared to go in his mad game plan?

Whitewavemark2 Tue 03-Sep-19 09:43:42

It would seem so pant

westendgirl Tue 03-Sep-19 09:44:38

Of course they are. Hence the mess we're in now.

Pantglas1 Tue 03-Sep-19 09:50:35

Well who knew... the remainers who believed the government flyers were just as trusting as the leavers who followed the bus and Facebook!

varian Tue 03-Sep-19 19:03:01

You could argue that none of us were properly informed at the time of the fraudulent referendum in 2016,

That is why we should be properly informed about the implications of whatever type of brexit the government is proposing and then given the opportunity to chose between that and Remaining in the EU with all the advantages we presently enjoy.

Pantglas1 Tue 03-Sep-19 19:51:36

I wish I had your faith varian that the vested interests would tell the truth and not put their own spin on leave/remain and we’ll be back in the same boat, rowing in ever decreasing circles!

varian Tue 03-Sep-19 19:54:36

I don't have that much faith that wouldn't happen Pantglas I wish I did.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 03-Sep-19 20:39:57

Varian & Pantglas1 I totally agree with both of your posts....round and round and round............