Gransnet forums

News & politics

For brexiters only please.

(792 Posts)
aprilrose Sun 20-Oct-19 15:53:29

I would just like one thread for brexiters only please.

I voted leave. I would vote leave again and again and again. There has been nothing to change my mind. I have been hardened by the views of remainers.

I would really like to talk to other brexit minded posters.
Thanks.

newnanny Thu 14-Nov-19 11:48:52

Latest COMRES poll
www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1204171/election-poll-tracker-2019-latest-boris-corbyn-conservative-labour-brexit

JC twitter storm with his car tax plot.

www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1204126/Election-2019-news-latest-Jeremy-Corbyn-Labour-car-tax-policy-Grant-Shapps

newnanny Thu 14-Nov-19 11:50:16

Both of these stories have been all over Sky news this morning.

newnanny Thu 14-Nov-19 11:56:56

Boris is more popular among working class voters than Labour are.

www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/13/tories-popular-among-working-class-rich-new-general-election/

I think it must be because he speaks common sense rather than looney left ideology. Boris wants to deliver the result of the referendum whereas JC wants more dither and confusion.

newnanny Thu 14-Nov-19 12:06:11

Latest opinion polls for election voting.

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-general-election-2019-poll-17244608

Urmstongran Thu 14-Nov-19 12:53:57

I love that on this thread we read stuff but aren’t obliged to post links. It’s like a conversation. It flows without getting bogged down. I know he Remainers don’t like it though.

But hey.

Nandalot Thu 14-Nov-19 13:01:23

I love, Urmstongran, that you relish the lack of links in a page that already has 4 links in 4 posts.
Sorry couldn’t resist!

Urmstongran Thu 14-Nov-19 13:06:37

True Nandalot! I noticed them as I was posting. I don’t open them though. I take the poster’s word for it that they have read them. I prefer their own comments.

On another note, it’s just been announced that Michelle Dewberry from Hull, Sky pundit on The Pledge, ex Apprentice finalist (back in the day when the series was new, on BBC2 and more serious) has put her name forward to become an MP representing the Brexit Party.

If she were in my constituency I’d make an exception and vote for her. I think she is intelligent, articulate and principled. I hope to see her elected and in the HoC!

chaffinch Thu 14-Nov-19 14:02:00

Re Michelle Dewberry.

Yes, I saw her talking on tv recently, can’t remember on what, but thought she talked a good deal of common sense.

Firecracker123 Thu 14-Nov-19 15:36:32

Fingers crossed ? she gets elected.

Opal Thu 14-Nov-19 17:23:27

Michelle Dewberry would make a cracking MP smile.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 14-Nov-19 17:26:43

Michelle Dewberry????

Blimey the bar isn’t very high is it?

Welshwife Thu 14-Nov-19 17:33:28

Just a few facts I found

varian Thu 14-Nov-19 18:00:23

STOP BREXIT at all costs.

We cannot afford any more of this brexit nonsense.

nannypink1 Thu 14-Nov-19 21:35:24

Democracy is dead if we don’t leave ...I’m disgusted at how things are going and the forgotten 17.4 million who have been ignored

NanKate Thu 14-Nov-19 21:56:14

I’m with you NannyP. We had a Referendum, then a Leave result, now we need Boris to be allowed to carry out the wishes of the majority.

If the Referendum had been to stay I would have accepted it and not insisted on another Referendum to try and get a different result.

Welshwife Thu 14-Nov-19 22:13:29

If the result had been to stay there would have been no disruption to our lives - we will never be able to go back to that situation as so many hard fought benefits - such as the Medicines Agency being sited in London- have now gone with about a thousand jobs - that will never come back. Depending on the deal eventually granted the UK may well end setting up it’s own agency with the associated costs.
Those of you with well educated clever children are likely to see more of them look for jobs abroad as there will be less good, wellpaid jobs for them to apply for in U.K.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 15-Nov-19 08:09:19

It is something I find puzzling too.

Timo#FBPE
@timolarch
·

One the greatest mysteries of the age is how some of the poshest, most privileged, chinless twits in the known universe, managed to con working folks from Hull (and the like ) that they represented their best interests!

Truly astonishing con job.

Firecracker123 Fri 15-Nov-19 08:17:21

What I find truly astonishing is who would take any notice of what timolarch thinks lol.

Welshwife Fri 15-Nov-19 09:03:04

Young British people needing to return to U.K. as European companies not wishing to employ them despite good qualifications and experience.

www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/15/job-hunting-britons-in-eu-say-brexit-is-taking-its-toll?CMP=share_btn_link

newnanny Mon 18-Nov-19 02:18:02

I can't wait for Boris to win election and get us out of EU. He is now leading by between 14 and 17 points on latest opinion polls. More and more people are laughing at JC especially when he is caught on camara telling the audience they have got to cheer for him. He is offering the public so many bribes now that even students are saying all of these things are not free and they will have to pay in tax hikes down the line.

crystaltipps Mon 18-Nov-19 06:12:01

People still believe Brexit will be delivered and all will be marvellous.

varian Mon 18-Nov-19 20:13:03

Why do they believe theses lies???

newnanny Tue 19-Nov-19 01:17:27

Delivering Brexit is not a lie. When Boris wins majority it will be reality. No more Corbyn blocking. We will be out very soon. Boris has lead in polls.

absent Tue 19-Nov-19 05:46:16

I don't think it is courteous or correct to suggest that only people with a certain viewpoint may post on a particular thread. That was certainly not how Gransnet worked in the past. This is an open forum for all its members.

MaizieD Tue 19-Nov-19 07:42:18

The 'lie' is that it will all be marvelous, newnanny.