Gransnet forums

News & politics

should Corbyn and Watson both resign - or just lose the election?

(65 Posts)
jura2 Wed 30-Oct-19 11:52:57

discuss - I am pretty sure Corbyn cannot win this election.

jura2 Wed 30-Oct-19 18:00:47

Politics is not about the coat you wear.

grapefruitpip Wed 30-Oct-19 18:08:12

OK Annie, here you are clearly an expert.

Kamiso Wed 30-Oct-19 18:17:07

Never thought of BJ as remotely attractive and can only assume the women he attracts are interested in power and fame (or infamy perhaps).

Sometimes it seems to hang on the most ridiculous points. I remember Neil Kinnock walking in to a labour event looking incredibly smug and that seemed to seal his fate. Falling over on the beach didn't help either. Ed Miliband taking a bite of a hamburger with his unfortunately overbite - not his fault but not a pleasant look.

Nothing all to do with their politics but I guess it affects people's perception.

grapefruitpip Wed 30-Oct-19 19:33:11

Milliband and the bacon sandwich.....what on earth was that all about? I still don't know.
David, photogenic, could have done well.

Dyffryn Wed 30-Oct-19 19:36:15

What a horrible thread. Discussing people like you are. Quite disgusted actually.

jura2 Wed 30-Oct-19 19:48:50

sorry Dyffryn, could you explain what you mean here?

Davidhs Wed 30-Oct-19 20:01:05

“ Never thought of BJ as remotely attractive and can only assume the women he attracts are interested in power and fame (or infamy perhaps).”

It’s because he is a fool, make a woman laugh and you’re half way there, add flattery and money - - - .

Davidhs Wed 30-Oct-19 20:11:22

Starmer would undoubtedly get many more votes but is not likely to become leader, just like David was not chosen over brother Ed. The current Labour membership are far to left wing and will choose a leftist leader, Starmers politics are much more centerist like David M and possibly Blair

Oldjude Wed 30-Oct-19 20:30:11

Corbyn has no idea which way to go. Johnson wants out, maybe with a deal. Liberal Democrat’s definitely not democratic by cancelling out the vote. What is happening to our politics

Dyffryn Wed 30-Oct-19 21:51:15

Jura, I meant all the personal comments about people’s appearance etc.

Callistemon Wed 30-Oct-19 22:48:04

I take your point, trisher about age and with age should come experience, but Corbyn does not have any ministerial experience as he has spent his Parliamentary life on the back benches rebelling.

trisher Thu 31-Oct-19 09:59:12

Callistemon then perhaps what we need is someone with no ministerial experience who will bring a new attitude to government and lead but not dominate, listening to others and accepting that a policy of cooperation is better than a policy of dictatorship. After all there have been a lot of experienced people who have made a complete f* up of being PM.

Anniebach Thu 31-Oct-19 10:07:38

Corbyn lead ?

Callistemon Thu 31-Oct-19 10:10:47

Wave your magic wand and he/she may appear out of a hat trisher!