Gransnet forums

News & politics

And next it's Alex Salmond

(140 Posts)
Sparklefizz Thu 21-Nov-19 14:42:47

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-50486713

Yehbutnobut Thu 28-Nov-19 08:00:11

Leave Nonnie alone. She has made a valid point and doesn’t need or deserve this hounding.

SirChenjin Thu 28-Nov-19 08:27:05

There is no ‘hounding’ - but if you believe there is please report it as per the forum guidelines.

Yehbutnobut Thu 28-Nov-19 10:32:57

Don’t be ridiculous! Go running to teacher! No way, just call you out on it. Of course you would say that!

SirChenjin Thu 28-Nov-19 10:39:52

No, report it as per the forum guidelines. No running to teacher, no claims of hounding, just an appropriate response to deal with something you obviously feel very strongly about.

Nonnie Thu 28-Nov-19 10:46:27

Jane10 I have not disagreed with SirC I don't know why I am being argued with, I am simply saying it happens to men too. What on earth is wrong with that? Of course I persist when someone is consciously inferring I have suggested something I didn't. I have been accused of mentioning 'wrongful convictions' which I didn't and the responses imply I have no sympathy with women affected which is entirely untrue. I am fair minded and accept that abuse happens to men as well as women. What is wrong with that?

Thanks yehbut you have read what I wrote and recognised the truth of it. I will no longer engage with someone who is determined to misquote me and misinterpret me. I don't behave in that way and have no time for those who do.

SirChenjin Thu 28-Nov-19 11:16:39

No-one has misquoted or misrepresented you Nonnie - again, please point to where I have.

You continue to claim I have mentioned wrongful convictions and I’ve already asked you about that and other claims in earlier threads . Again, no response. You have mentioned that it happens to men - no-one is doubting that but you’ve consistently said that women should simply bat men away and you’ve refused to acknowledge that women are on the receiving end to a far greater extent - instead you choose to focus on the men. You claim that wrongful allegations are on the increase but can’t show stats to support that. You haven’t answered my questions about what you think could happen to conviction rates and women in court re wrongful allegations. The list goes on.

I’m quite happy to stop debating this with you but don’t make spurious claims about being misrepresented and misquoted - your words are quite clear in black and white on the screen.

SirChenjin Thu 28-Nov-19 11:19:47

Earlier posts

Nonnie Thu 28-Nov-19 13:44:57

I reiterate that I do not respond to those who misrepresent me no matter how they try to justify it.

SirChenjin Thu 28-Nov-19 13:56:23

I suppose it’s easier to do that than to respond to the points raised.

Nonnie Thu 28-Nov-19 16:03:52

and I refuse to be goaded too. I've said what needed to be said and I haven't been listened to so I'm not doing that again. I suspect this thread is about to die because many don't like this sort of thing.

Yehbutnobut Thu 28-Nov-19 16:14:30

Nonnie yes, that is the correct word - goaded. Just walk away. There are none as blind as those who will not see.

SirChenjin Thu 28-Nov-19 16:15:47

Indeed.

Yehbutnobut Thu 28-Nov-19 16:16:48

Ah one of those are you...who must have the last word ???

SirChenjin Thu 28-Nov-19 16:17:25

Not at all - it’s all yours smile