Gransnet forums

News & politics

INDEPENDENCE DAY!

(559 Posts)
Lyndiloo Thu 30-Jan-20 04:35:37

Hurrah! We're getting OUT at last!

But it seems strange to me that there is so little talk/news on the media about this. Before the General Election everything was about Brexit. To the point that even I got sick to death of it! But it's all gone quiet since then. Are there to be no celebrations from all those who voted to leave? (Sad that Big Ben won't even mark this historic event.)

(I was talking to a young woman the other day, and she didn't even know that we were leaving the EU on Friday!)

I can't really celebate in style, as most of my family wanted to remain -otherwise I would have had a party! So it will be a bit of a damp squib for me!

I shall still open a bottle of champers and toast this great country of ours - our democracy, our integrity - and now, at last, our freedom from a corrupt and self-serving feudalistic state.

lemongrove Mon 03-Feb-20 10:41:28

We should all probably find better things to do with our time than potter about on social media.?
I have a large basket of ironing to get on with and gardening awaits.

Curlywhirly Mon 03-Feb-20 11:23:13

Jura2, so sorry, I obviously misunderstood your post. Sorry to hear that you want to leave; although I seldom make comments on the political threads, I do enjoy reading the several different views and find it quite educational at times. I will miss your contributions.

Reddevil3 Mon 03-Feb-20 11:31:12

Smileless You misread my remark about leavers probably not wanting to travel past Dover. You missed the point.

Barmeyoldbat Mon 03-Feb-20 19:08:37

Lemongrove, my husband does all the ironing in this house.

GracesGranMK3 Mon 03-Feb-20 19:24:37

Oh if only the political threads were worthy of being called "a good verbal bun fight".

Smileless2012 Mon 03-Feb-20 19:56:29

What was your point Reddevil?

I wish I could get Mr. S. to do some of my ironing Barmeyoldbatenvy

eazybee Mon 03-Feb-20 20:52:53

If you really want to go, just leave. It is perfectly simple.

I left mumsnet several years ago because I was very angry about a post of mine which was deleted, and I have never felt the slightest inclination to revisit.

lemongrove Mon 03-Feb-20 21:44:21

Send Mr Barmeyoldbat round here please, ?
In return for his ironing skills I can guarantee cake.cupcake