Gransnet forums

News & politics

M&H didn't let me down.

(339 Posts)
ReadyMeals Fri 07-Feb-20 17:45:11

After the news about Bea and Edo's wedding venue this morning, I was having a quick scan to see what Harry would managed to newsbomb them with. Well it seems they scurried around a bit and finally got themselves into the evening news. Well done Harry and Meghan, don't get caught napping when you have family to compete with for publicity [roll eyes]

Anniebach Fri 07-Feb-20 21:18:35

suzie why do enjoy posting offensive language, the ‘f’ word
is obviously a word which comes naturally to you but can you
not accept for some it is offensive ?

merlotgran Fri 07-Feb-20 21:20:00

Yes it is a grim thing to say but he's not talking to a group of struggling youngsters, he's talking to a room full of mega rich celebrities who will hang on his every word because of who he is.

His words won't inspire or help them. They're all just doing what celebs do.

merlotgran Fri 07-Feb-20 21:21:20

My post was replying to Nezumi

suziewoozie Fri 07-Feb-20 22:15:59

Why do a group of GNers enjoy posting offensive mean minded bitter nasty ill informed speculation and gossip? Can you not accept that for some that is offensive?

suziewoozie Fri 07-Feb-20 22:18:46

And I think the most offensive thing in this sorry excuse for a family is Andrew and his sleazey life style and his mother allowing church bells to celebrate his sorry excuse for a life

Jaycee5 Fri 07-Feb-20 22:28:20

This thread perfectly illustrates why they felt they had no choice but to leave the country.
They spoke to a someone, probably in response to a question, about enjoying walks.
How nasty of them. How unreasonable. It must have been planned to coincide with something else that someone in their extended family was going to say on the same day.
The lengths people will go to to be nasty to this couple beggars belief.
They don't have to plan their lives and comments around anyone else and it would be impossible to do so.

Chestnut Fri 07-Feb-20 23:14:09

Why do a group of GNers enjoy posting offensive mean minded bitter nasty ill informed speculation and gossip? Can you not accept that for some that is offensive?
And can't you accept that your foul language and nasty comments are offensive? If you don't like the thread then don't read it or post anything.

suziewoozie Fri 07-Feb-20 23:29:41

My comments are not mean minded bitter nasty and ill informed - they are an accurate description of the thread after thread after thread attacking MM and H. If you don’t like my my language or comments, don’t read them. And I find it utterly risible to equate the use of the word fuck with the foul language and nasty comments hurled offensively, gratuitously and continuously at these two people. The word fuck is as nothing in comparison.

Chestnut Fri 07-Feb-20 23:33:55

Your comments are most definitely offensive in so many ways. ? Clearly a lot of people agree which is why they keep being removed

suziewoozie Fri 07-Feb-20 23:59:21

That’s a ridiculous post about many of my comments being removed and you know it. I had two deleted recently for telling two posters to go away in Anglo Saxon Which is hardly a hanging offence and before that had 2/3 deleted on the thread about political correctness. HQ made it clear why they were deleted and acknowledged they were not racist in intent. I was giving examples and didn’t realise that was against the guidelines. HQ said something about even examples in that context could feed racism on a public forum. I didn’t agree with them but apologised and desisted. It’s simply untrue to say my posts keep being deleted and is just a distraction technique because you don’t like being criticised. There are many ways to be offensive on GN and naughty words is pretty low down on the list of offensiveness imo.

vegansrock Sat 08-Feb-20 07:06:46

Some minor royal us talking about wedding venues- oh I know I’ll give a speech and time it exactly at the same time and the papers will print it- some people obviously are so gullible they believe everything in the gutter press. Who cares about wedding venues and Inconsequential speeches? Only the terminally shallow.

Yehbutnobut Sat 08-Feb-20 07:43:56

Yes, give it a break readymeals this is getting to be so fucking boring.

Yehbutnobut Sat 08-Feb-20 07:46:26

If GNHQ remove posts because of swearing then they are guilty of ageism as those of you who log into Mumsnet will know.

Yehbutnobut Sat 08-Feb-20 07:50:56

Funny how some who complain about ‘foul mouths’ seem to think nasty, vindictive, bitchy posts that tear people like H&M to pieces are acceptable yet the odd swear word has them all a twitter!

Funny old world eh?

Lucca Sat 08-Feb-20 08:05:17

What an unpleasant mean-minded thread. With you all the way SW and Yehbut, also when someone disagrees why is it OK to immediately tell them not to comment?

Iam64 Sat 08-Feb-20 08:09:50

Another unpleasant, mean minded, thoroughly nasty thread. What's the matter with people ?
The comment about making an industry out of therapy and Diana's death hits new lows, even on the anti Harry and Meghan threads that dominate so much on gransnet currently.

eazybee Sat 08-Feb-20 08:45:01

In response to Iam64 and others; 'People' (me anyway) are not impressed by self-designated 'private citizens' attending public events and discussing highly personal family matters.
It appears (to me) that Prince Harry is aiming to support himself by trading on the loss of his mother, which will undoubtedly have repercussions for his father, brother, grandmother and other family members.
A poor speciman.
Faugh!!

Anniebach Sat 08-Feb-20 08:45:14

If a poster gives her / his opinion on the Sussex pair which
the Sussex devotees disapprove of they can expect personal
verbal abuse and coarse language

ReadyMeals Sat 08-Feb-20 08:46:14

I posted this thread in response to a NEW news article in the mainstream press yesterday that I had just read. This is the news and politics section of Gransnet. Regardless of how unpleasant or unfair it might be to the two people who are the subject of the article, it is a perfectly valid thread to have here. Much more valid in fact than the nasty posts I have seen on threads or sections supposed to be offering support and sympathy for each other. One assumes that M&H at their ages are not members of Gransnet and therefore are not being hurt by my post in the way I have seen some of the angry people on this thread try to hurt their fellow gransnet members.

Nezumi65 Sat 08-Feb-20 08:47:03

trading on the loss of his mother

What a nasty thing to say. Take a look at yourself.

Nezumi65 Sat 08-Feb-20 08:57:32

And actually as someone who often gets asked to share my story (actually my son’s story of professional cock ups leading to horror) you do it because you think you can change things for others. It takes a toll and it will on him. I have found that change rarely occurs, but professionals get to give themselves a big pat on the back for being ‘moved’ so I refuse most invitations these days.

It’s taken me years to come to the realisation that talking about it doesn’t change much. Ironically Prince Harry is on a situation where he might manage to effect some change - partly because he ISN’T talking to NHS/social services/CQC type bodies who are extremely resistant to change. He is taking to people who have the money to set up foundations, or appeal directly to the public & impact on public opinion in a way the rest of us cannot.

Shame people have to view it in such a nasty way.

Anniebach Sat 08-Feb-20 09:04:34

Could he not do the same in this country ? He takes the money from this country

Nezumi65 Sat 08-Feb-20 09:13:47

I suspect he’ll give talks internationally. hmm

Anniebach Sat 08-Feb-20 09:16:56

Miami more attractive a place than Manchester or Cardiff

Nezumi65 Sat 08-Feb-20 09:22:43

JP Morgan doesn’t have offices in Cardiff or Manchester.

How is it living life always assuming the worst of everyone?