Gransnet forums

News & politics

Sensible Discussion on Labour Leadership hopefuls MK 2

(518 Posts)
POGS Fri 14-Feb-20 15:25:45

Bump

growstuff Wed 11-Mar-20 20:58:22

Unfortunately, I have no explanation as to why some posters can't remember calling others "bstards and "dog sh*t". It can't all be alcohol related.

Grandad1943 Wed 11-Mar-20 21:30:01

growstuff, I have been on these threads from the very being and I have not witnessed any forum member address you as "dog sh*t" or "Bast*rd".

Perhaps you could point forum members in the direction of those posts. Just date and time should suffice I feel.

growstuff Wed 11-Mar-20 21:31:58

Lalala ….

growstuff Wed 11-Mar-20 21:33:16

Do you you share your username and log in with somebody else Grandad?

POGS Wed 11-Mar-20 21:40:56

Grandad

Thank you for replying and explaining how the voting process takes place for Union Members to vote in the Leadership Elections, it was a genuine question on my part for me to understand who are the Labour Members not receiving their ballot papers and it is now clear it is the Labour Members not the Union Members that are experiencing the problem.

I apologise for eluding you had voted for Long Bailey, note not stated you had voted for her. I play fair and I recall you said you would stand behind the candidate that won.

POGS Wed 11-Mar-20 21:42:08

growstuff

Grandad did NOT call you those names.

Grandad1943 Wed 11-Mar-20 21:47:10

growstuff, I do not share my username or login with anyone else.

However, I am concerned that you state a forum member has addressed you in a post as "dog sh*t" and "Bast*rd". So, just state the date and time those posts took place and I am sure they will be condemned by all on this forum?

No need to name any forum member as we will all be able to see who that person is.

growstuff Wed 11-Mar-20 21:59:20

Yes, he did POGS.

Grandad1943 Wed 11-Mar-20 22:07:37

So, growstuff demonstrate to this whole forum where I have carried out your accusations.

All you have to do is point us all in the direction of those posts in the way I have called on you to do in my above posts.

Just do that.

POGS Wed 11-Mar-20 22:10:20

growstuff.

No he did not.

Grandad1943 Tue 10-Mar-20 20:13:29

'With numerous grassroots hardworking activists in trade unions feeling that many Labour MPs view them in the same light as they would "a lump of dog sh*t on their shoe", it will take enormous skill in any new Labour Party leader to rebuild and change such widespread and entrenched attitudes between the party and the broader Labour movement'
-

Grandad1943 Mon 09-Mar-20 21:52:32

'I will sum up my thoughts on those MPs in one word, "BAST*RDS'

growstuff Wed 11-Mar-20 22:11:54

Yes he did. Try a trip to Specsavers POGS.

growstuff Wed 11-Mar-20 22:13:34

BTW Some posters don't take any notice of bullying.

Was it you you who reprted my post POGS?

Grandad1943 Wed 11-Mar-20 22:20:00

Many thanks for your above post POGS. Perhaps if I finish earlier tomorrow we can get the thread back to discussing the major point of this topic.

Iam64, apologies for not replying to your earlier post but as you can see this thread has once again been diverted from its main discutuon.

However, I will, if time allows, address your points tomorrow.

Again apologies.

Grandad1943 Wed 11-Mar-20 22:22:03

discutuon= discussion above

POGS Wed 11-Mar-20 22:27:19

growstuff Wed 11-Mar-20 22:13:34
BTW Some posters don't take any notice of bullying.

Was it you you who reprted my post POGS?
----

For goodness sake NO NO NO! I do not report posts!

I do not see you as being bullied or being got at I simply read the posts and note Grandad's use of ' dog shit' and ' bastards' was NOT related to any poster but a generalised rudeness about Labour MP's.

Galaxy Sat 04-Apr-20 10:57:14

Well that's the best outcome I think, although it seems slightly frivolous to be even discussing it at the moment

POGS Sat 04-Apr-20 11:16:28

Yep Keir Starmer and Angela Raynor.

I hope now the Corbyn Inner Circle both in and out of the Parliamentary Labour Party are finally dismantled and Labour may well have a chance of government once again.

For Keir Starmer to get through on the ' First Round' is telling.

A sigh of relief in some quarters and despair in others I guess, that's politics for you.

A lot of posters who have for years spoken honestly and not favourably about the Corbyn /Momentum Regime will see it as a good move by the Labour Membership but those who have feted Corbyn and his Inner Circle will no doubt be wondering how far Keir Starmer is prepared to keep Labour to the Far Left.