Gransnet forums

News & politics

What is your reaction to this photo?

(83 Posts)
Lucca Sat 22-Feb-20 12:56:59

Just that

suziewoozie Sat 22-Feb-20 14:16:23

My reaction is ‘The state of him’ followed by ‘it looks like he’s on a plane, I wonder what paid for by whom freebie he’s jetting away for this weekend’ followed by ‘Is Carrie with him, it’s all gone quiet on that front’ followed by’ Is he being deported?’ And finally ‘And don’t bother coming back’

lemongrove Sat 22-Feb-20 14:29:55

It’s Johnsons favoured look ( dragged through a hedge backwards) presumably the new passports are now ready?
That’s what I made of the photo.

Oopsminty Sat 22-Feb-20 14:32:35

How come women are allowed to negatively comment on Boris's appearance?

But woe betide anyone criticising a woman's appearance

Hetty58 Sat 22-Feb-20 14:37:04

Reaction? Every time I see that face the 'Poundland Trump' name pops into my head!

MaizieD Sat 22-Feb-20 14:37:38

So happy that my passport doesn't run out until 2024..

You do know he messes up his hair deliberately for photo ops, don't you?

ananimous Sat 22-Feb-20 14:39:08

God! I hope he does! Sexy beast! wink

suziewoozie Sat 22-Feb-20 14:39:36

He should comb his hair and put his tie straight.

Chestnut Sat 22-Feb-20 14:42:07

Lucca ....a passport which as it says below was made in Poland. Seems to make a mockery of the desperation to get out of Europe.
Are you saying we shouldn't trade with Europe just because we've left the EU? I don't see why we can't buy things made in Poland. ?

trisher Sat 22-Feb-20 14:42:11

Ah well it takes all sorts. even Hitler had Eva Braun. (oops we're not supposed to mention him around BJ are we?)

annep1 Sat 22-Feb-20 14:49:52

How nice. ?

Chestnut Sat 22-Feb-20 14:50:00

Oopsminty How come women are allowed to negatively comment on Boris's appearance? But woe betide anyone criticising a woman's appearance ??
Oh yes! Think of the 'dress thread' where posters were outraged because people dared to criticise a female Labour MP's dress. I thought it was now forbidden to comment on the appearance of MPs.

Lucca Sat 22-Feb-20 14:56:22

Chestnut. No I’m not saying that. My immediate reaction was that there was a certain irony. To be honest it was a slightly lighthearted post to see genuinely how others reacted . Personally I’m a bit with Susie in this - I am well aware he does the messy bed hair (awful thought)?on purpose which is why I don’t feel guilty about criticising his appearance.

Oopsadaisy3 Sat 22-Feb-20 14:57:39

oopsminty you are so right, I wonder about the reactions of some posters if a certain Royal Duchess was pictured.

I’m not condoning either, commenting on someone’s appearance is surely beneath us.

BlueBelle Sat 22-Feb-20 14:59:49

I purposely renewed mine a few months early so I could keep my European maroon one for the next ten years
My British one was black so never known where this ‘blue’ one comes from and no it wasn’t dark blue it was definitely black
Of course the thread was meant to divide and cause a continuation of bickering but I m just saying and not continuing in any further bickering
I think we can comment on Mr Johnson’s complete lack of respect with his clothes and hair he would look better in a clowns convention and I d be happy to tell him to his face if he was in my company he’s looks disgraceful to be ‘leading’ a country

suziewoozie Sat 22-Feb-20 15:01:22

He’s laughing at us with his messed up appearance - it’s not accidental, it’s all part of his faux persona.

Lucca Sat 22-Feb-20 15:04:19

“Of course the thread was meant to divide and cause a continuation of bickering “.

Dear me - it most certainly wasn’t as I have tried to explain...

suziewoozie Sat 22-Feb-20 15:14:17

This is an official photograph released by No 10 to deliberately provoke and put 2 fingers up at half the population. He deliberately looks scruffy as well - and we’re not supposed to comment at or criticise the photo? Yeah right. Prime Ministerial he’s not.

Lucca Sat 22-Feb-20 15:23:23

Agree SW

JenniferEccles Sat 22-Feb-20 15:27:18

It’s a great shame the company here didn’t win the contract.

I am going to wait until I am certain the burgundy ones have gone before I order one to be sure I will get a blue one.

We have waited a long time to get our proper passports back haven’t we ?!

Nezumi65 Sat 22-Feb-20 15:39:53

Pleased to have a burgundy one for another 7 years and pleased my kids can apply for Irish ones.

Lucca Sat 22-Feb-20 15:47:59

Absolutely Genuine question jenniferEccles..why “our proper passports”?

Juliet27 Sat 22-Feb-20 15:50:32

I am going to wait until I am certain the burgundy ones have gone before I order one to be sure I will get a blue one.

Me too JE. Mine runs out next month and it will serve me right if I suddenly need to travel abroad.

Mapleleaf Sat 22-Feb-20 15:53:44

I really don't care what colour my passport is, as long as it's valid and allows me to travel when I want to. ?

Yehbutnobut Sat 22-Feb-20 15:54:15

Can’t get past the scruffy individual with the smirk to comment on the colour. Who cares.

Riverwalk Sat 22-Feb-20 15:56:19

Why would anyone be seriously bothered by the colour of a passport?

This type of nonsense is what brought about the Brexit vote - not serious stuff as to how we/our children would be better off in/out of the EU.

Yes, I agree that it's two-fingers up to half of the UK population - an unnecessary gesture by Johnson.

I expect we can look forward to more of this - it appeals to those who want to bring back Imperial measures/warm beer/corporal punishment/matron/and others such sh*te.