Gransnet forums

News & politics

I’m delighted Boris is back!

(262 Posts)
Urmstongran Mon 27-Apr-20 10:18:34

We are wrestling a mugger to the ground and this is the dangerous part. Together, we can do it. Just hold tight for a little longer British people.

I’ve missed his enthusiasm, his optimism, his confidence and his ability to galvanise us for the common good.

He is arranging cross party talks to bring us all together.

Welcome back that man!

SirChenjin Tue 28-Apr-20 16:33:29

paddy I think he took the job believing he would simply spearhead the Brexit campaign, get one over on those furriners at the EU, raise his profile as the man who got Brexit done as some sort of wannabe Churchill and then retire to some celebrity role more suited to his personality in America. I don’t think he envisaged for one second just what he was get himself. Now it’s become apparent that all he has to offer is a jabby finger, a booming voice, meaningless sound bites and Dominic Cummings. For some people, of course, that’s enough.

GagaJo Mon 16-May-22 22:54:43

Thought it might be nice to resurrect this pro-Boris thread. Just to remind us of his popularity.

DiamondLily Tue 17-May-22 07:17:24

I'd be delighted to see the back of him...?

Being incompetent, self serving, and a compulsive liar, is never a good look for a leader of a country. ?

Chocolatelovinggran Tue 17-May-22 07:43:12

Not sure that he's used his abilities to "galvanise us for the common good" or "united us". However, his confidence has remained undimmed, for sure.

DaisyAnne Tue 17-May-22 09:16:19

GagaJo

Thought it might be nice to resurrect this pro-Boris thread. Just to remind us of his popularity.

An old thread revived grin If we pull on it will Johnson unravel.

All those thoughtless comments about the lying, cheating, theiving prat. Who knew people could be so scammed?

aggie Tue 17-May-22 09:28:36

I choked on my muesli when I read the heading !

GrannyGravy13 Tue 17-May-22 09:30:25

I have just reread this thread, and the thing that has stood out the most is how many posters are no longer posting on GN.

I do hope that they are just missing as opposed to the alternative?

Davida1968 Tue 17-May-22 09:37:35

OMG I thought this thread was a joke....
DiamondLily has expressed my thoughts entirely.

Parsley3 Tue 17-May-22 09:41:21

When I first read the OP I thought that the country was having a collective loss of reason then I noticed the date. Still, it is good to start the day with a laugh. Well done for resurrecting this old thread. I love the change from see him back to see the back of him.

Parsley3 Tue 17-May-22 09:50:52

sue421

So glad Boris is back ..... now to sort out these people who are travelling unnecessary ..... holding parties etc. I want to get through this.

How little we knew.

TopsyIrene06 Tue 17-May-22 09:58:04

Phew Parsley3, I thought the same and couldn't understand why I had missed it so frantically googled and researched then read the thread properly!

I am depressed enough about the state we are in and could envisage me languishing in a dark room for the foreseeable, if it was true, so am delighted to be able to open the door and venture out again to await more nonsense.

Urmstongran Tue 17-May-22 09:59:43

If I recollect, i started the thread that day (2 years ago now) because Boris was out of hospital and by his analogy Covid was the ‘mugger’.

JenniferEccles Tue 17-May-22 09:59:51

I have really enjoyed reading this old thread and it just serves to remind us just what this man has had to cope with since he became PM, starting with covid which of course nearly killed him.
It also illustrated to me just how many Tory supporters there are on here, many of whom I imagine just can’t be bothered these days to contribute to the boring daily government-bashing threads we are bombarded with.
Yes he has made mistakes, and I have been cross and exasperated with him at times, but I have never for one moment felt that a Labour government would have done better.

timetogo2016 Tue 17-May-22 10:08:29

Happy days ahead.

westendgirl Tue 17-May-22 10:13:52

Jennifer, surely the matter is not that Labour would or would not have done better ,although I fail to see how they could have done worse,but that Johnson made far too many mistakes ,has brought down the reputation of this country, has made lying in high office a byword,is untrustworthy and has gathered a cabinet with little or no talent for their job.

volver Tue 17-May-22 10:16:06

I imagine just can’t be bothered these days to contribute to the boring daily government-bashing threads we are bombarded with.

Or, alternatively, have discovered that they are trying to defend the indefensible and have decided to stop trying.

DaisyAnne Tue 17-May-22 10:34:25

You have to allow some to keep their delusions dreams, westendgirl.

We never did persuade my mother that she wasn't being scammed by a company sending letters saying "You have won ..." exceedingly large amounts of money. (She forgot about it in the end, thankfully).

I think it's very hard to let go of belief in a scammer because doing so undermines your faith in your judgement. That is difficult to accept.

paddyann54 Tue 17-May-22 10:53:42

The "almost Churchillian" was what he always wanted ...and now he has it A REAL war to make him think he's Churchill .

Still an eegit ,a liar,a cheat and a thief of public money .
But but but ...we need a leader with "charisma" dont we?
Hell no ,we need a leader we can trust,and it aint Bojo!

Dinahmo Tue 17-May-22 11:40:08

I started reading this not noticing the date. I was gobsmacked to read all those favourable comments and thought that the world had gone mad. And then I noticed.

It would be interesting to learn how many of those who supported him 2 years ago still do. Any bets on the percentage?

I'd say 10%

MaizieD Tue 17-May-22 12:54:21

He's certainly not very high in the approval ratings these days...

Calendargirl Tue 17-May-22 13:08:02

I commented favourably on the original post because I was pleased to see Boris recovering from Covid.

Yes, the shine has definitely tarnished, but no one inspires much confidence nowadays, whoever they are.

Polly73 Tue 17-May-22 13:36:37

Yes, the shine has definitely tarnished, but no one inspires much confidence nowadays, whoever they are

Zelenskey?

NanOf8Girls Tue 17-May-22 13:52:06

Yes indeed. Welcome back Boris! smile

Riverwalk Tue 17-May-22 13:57:17

NanOf8Girls

Yes indeed. Welcome back Boris! smile

From where? hmm

Dinahmo Tue 17-May-22 14:11:08

Never Never Land.