Gransnet forums

News & politics

I’m delighted Boris is back!

(262 Posts)
Urmstongran Mon 27-Apr-20 10:18:34

We are wrestling a mugger to the ground and this is the dangerous part. Together, we can do it. Just hold tight for a little longer British people.

I’ve missed his enthusiasm, his optimism, his confidence and his ability to galvanise us for the common good.

He is arranging cross party talks to bring us all together.

Welcome back that man!

kittylester Mon 27-Apr-20 11:17:21

And a huge welcome back from me too.

Poppyred Mon 27-Apr-20 11:20:01

Welcome back Boris, we missed you!

Smileless2012 Mon 27-Apr-20 11:22:03

Yes, welcome back. It was good to see him wasn't it and his message was spot on.

maddyone Mon 27-Apr-20 11:27:21

I’m so pleased he’s well, and very pleased to see him back.

GrandmaJan Mon 27-Apr-20 11:31:15

I’m also pleased to see him back and I feel much happier knowing he’s back in charge.

JenniferEccles Mon 27-Apr-20 11:42:02

How lovely - a unanimous thread (although I guess I had better add “so far “) !

Yes I too am delighted to have him back, especially as he was clearly very ill at one point.

Good on you Boris.
We have missed you and your inimitable personality very much.

ginny Mon 27-Apr-20 11:43:10

Yes, welcome back. Very impressive speech.
Let’s hope his rallying call to keep going is heard by all.

JeanGenie14 Mon 27-Apr-20 11:48:27

Love Boris! So happy he's well and back in charge!

Millie22 Mon 27-Apr-20 12:12:46

Really pleased to see him looking well and rested. Welcome back Boris x

Bathsheba Mon 27-Apr-20 12:16:29

Wonderful to see him back - and yes I have to agree with Grandad that his speech had more than a touch of Churchill about it.

Thank God he fought off the virus - we certainly need a strong leader like him.

Welcome back Boris smile

trisher Mon 27-Apr-20 12:26:44

Well it could be debated if he fell overboard or jumped! However it happened he was rescued by the NHS. Interesting to hear "we" are now all responsible for battling the virus. His past indiscretions about shaking anybody's hands, herd immunity and not worrying apparently forgotten. But that's Boris isn't it. Past mistakes never acknowledged, responsibility never taken. Ever clever with words and speeches. Meanwhile in the background Cummings is busy doing who knows what? Negotiating with the Tory donors wanting lockdown cancelled perhaps.

Grannybags Mon 27-Apr-20 12:27:52

Such a relief to see Boris back. smile

Charleygirl5 Mon 27-Apr-20 12:32:31

I regard him as the village idiot but at least with the seriousness of the situation at last penetrating he has removed that smirk.

TwiceAsNice Mon 27-Apr-20 12:32:47

Great to have you back Boris. We need someone with some charisma to lead properly again

Nico97 Mon 27-Apr-20 12:36:47

?? Good to see him back where he should be ??

SirChenjin Mon 27-Apr-20 12:40:09

Yes, we needed the public face of Dominic back. Hurrah!

Galaxy Mon 27-Apr-20 12:47:04

Yes hurrah. Imagine if we had someone like the New Zealand PM, where there have been 18 deaths. Have people actually seen the figures.

Sussexborn Mon 27-Apr-20 12:47:51

Good to see Boris back and excelling himself. Been reading today that one of the lesser Professors on the No 10 advisory panel is thought to have been a super spreader.

Not surprised to see Trisher on the warpath once more but good to see so much support from people who had presumably been intimidated or just bored stiff with the predictable anti-Tory rants.

Well done Grandad 1943 - if more of your ilk arise there will be a credible opposition which most rational people know is essential. Genuine compliment not intending to be patronizing!

Luckygirl Mon 27-Apr-20 12:47:57

Am I alone in being underwhelmed!?- not taken in by the attempt to imitate Churchillian language? This is the man who got it all wrong at the start and left us in this mess - look at NZ (also an island) - they got it right and are nearly free of this curse.

I will think better of him the day he kicks Cummings out.

rosenoir Mon 27-Apr-20 12:49:41

The situation feels a little better now he is back.

Galaxy Mon 27-Apr-20 12:51:42

Indeed if we are using comparisons to the war, then we have lost, beaten by Germany.

Charleygirl5 Mon 27-Apr-20 12:51:59

rosenoir and others- how can you believe that lying scum bag?

Alima Mon 27-Apr-20 12:52:58

Yes, totally agree though not with Galaxy. Welcome back Boris, we need someone like him at the helm.

Calendargirl Mon 27-Apr-20 12:53:14

How many people live in NZ compared to us? Is it as vastly populated as the UK?

Must be easier governing a much smaller population.

SirChenjin Mon 27-Apr-20 12:53:51

No you’re not alone Luckygirl, but then I’m not easily impressed by the finger jabbing and fist clenching. I tend to judge all politicians by substance rather than style.

I did like his promise to improve transparency so I’m looking forward to hearing more about why they got so many things wrong and what Dom’s role is exactly in all of this.