Gransnet forums

News & politics

Meeting grandchildren again

(78 Posts)
FruityGrann Thu 28-May-20 17:38:44

Anyone watching tooday's briefing.

Up to 6 people can meet outside from Monday, as long as they stay 2 metres apart.

I'm so excited to be able to see my grandchildren again, and while we may have to keep our distance, it's another step closer to being able to hug them again eventually smile

Furret Sat 30-May-20 07:35:33

Bluecat you are a child compared to me!

GGumteenth Sat 30-May-20 10:55:12

Interestingly two of the "we follow the science" SAGE advisors think this is all moving too quickly too. I would advise great care. I think once we get the track and trace up and running we will get more personalised information but it isn't yet, is it?

There are still 8,000 new infections every day in England without counting those in hospitals and care homes. To compare, in Australia it around the 20 per day mark and about 50% of those are picked up with people entering the country and being put, by the state, into isolation. We are just asking those coming in to isolate. I wonder how many will comply?

You may think that risking it is worth it for a hug but please then stay away from anyone outside the group you meet up with and certainly any older person where the chance of dying if you do get the virus is exponentially higher.