Gransnet forums

News & politics

Can't believe it!

(257 Posts)
phoenix Sat 30-May-20 16:23:47

No one has posted about George Floyd!

Disgraceful killing.

Are we unable to look beyond our own immediate locality? Have we stopped caring about anything beyond bloody Covid 19 and the fact we can't see our grandchildren?

Sorry, not my usual sort of post, will don my tin helmet and get behind the sofa.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 04-Jun-20 06:35:03

The difference a few years make

Whitewavemark2 Thu 04-Jun-20 06:55:55

American Military are warning Trump that they will not become involved in any political battle on the streets of America.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 04-Jun-20 06:59:27

This is the president who wants to bring out the army against his own fellow citizens

Alexa Thu 04-Jun-20 09:06:27

Callistemon you are right to demand evidence. I have none. My opinion is biased against American policing which is so amazingly bad in some salient and well authenticated cases it's hard to believe racism and brutality is not typical of all US police forces, disparate though they may be.

Callistemon Thu 04-Jun-20 10:12:15

I didn't demand! but I did ask, Alexa.
I don't believe the American police are all racist thugs but it is the fact that it is not rooted out and that some are complicit or perhaps even worried about reporting fellow rogue officers that allows this to go on.
Coupled with the present President who appears to also be complicit, this will just continue.

Summerlove Thu 04-Jun-20 18:21:19

The individual officers may not all be racist, they likely aren’t.

However, the system absolutely is