Gransnet forums

News & politics

Trump scrapes the bottom of the barrel

(132 Posts)
tidyskatemum Tue 02-Jun-20 22:04:40

I am astounded that no-one has commented on Trump’s crass and cynical photoshoot standing outside the church in Washington and brandishing a bible, having deployed guards using teargas to clear his way there. Not to mention dragging Melania along to the shrine of John Paul II for more photos when neither of them set foot in church from one month to the next. Surely any Christian should be outraged at his manipulation of their religion? Though apparently evangelical Christians think he’s doing a good job.(??????!!!!!)

52bright Fri 05-Jun-20 19:13:58

Like Luckygirl's grandchildren, I think most of us watch open mouthed when Trump does or says anything. He clears the area around the White House so that he can stand outside a church bradishing a Bible? Saying nothing. Just standing there. He links a speech about high unemployment with the murder of George Floyd? If it wasn't for the tragedy of the present circumstances there would be a mesmerizing fascination in wondering what he'll say and do next. I can't think why so many Americans voted for him.

varian Fri 05-Jun-20 19:31:14

I wish we could find a nice politician who could coin slogans to get through to these people Alexa

Deedaa Fri 05-Jun-20 19:33:32

His comments today were almost beyond belief even by his standards. The country is in turmoil and he comes out with crass comments about George Floyd!!!

varian Fri 05-Jun-20 19:37:59

But just how crass and unbelievable would his utterings have to be to get through to his voters?

rosecarmel Fri 05-Jun-20 20:16:45

In case you didn't see this in your news feed, it is the road leading to the white house ..

Callistemon Fri 05-Jun-20 20:23:50

Speechless.

RIP George Floyd
At peace now