Gransnet forums

News & politics

Anyone else think Boris is still ill?

(136 Posts)
Sparklefizz Thu 09-Jul-20 09:47:08

Many people who have suffered Covid-19 badly are going on to suffer ME/CFS. I am an ME sufferer myself, and mine developed from a nasty virus 30 years ago. My husband and I both caught it - he got better and I never did.

Anyway ..... looking at Boris slumped next to Rishi Sunak yesterday - well, I thought Boris looked shattered, haggard and unwell, whereas Rishi looked full of vigour. Boris has returned to work because he has had to, but it's my opinion he is still far from well.

Anyone agree (whether you approve of him or not?)

MayBee70 Sat 11-Jul-20 07:26:57

I don’t think, if it was any other PM anyone would be doubting the seriousness of his illness. But the fact is that the man is known to be a liar and I find it impossible not to question everything that he claims to be fact. No one is questioning the integrity of the medical staff that looked after him.

Calendargirl Sat 11-Jul-20 08:27:17

Someone earlier said they would be worried if he were their son.

I suspect many of our sons would look tired, haggard, older, if they were PM at anytime, let alone now.

You only have to look at pictures of Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron, yes and Barack Obama, to see how much they aged when they held power.

vegansrock Sat 11-Jul-20 09:06:26

If he were my son I’d be off to my Greek villa...

Lucca Sat 11-Jul-20 16:20:15

Lucca

Sussexborn. “ The spite and sheer venom is disgusting, wishing ill and even death, on another human being, purely because he holds different political views”

Where ? When ? Who ? Can you back this up ?

As usual. No answer.

Dinahmo Sat 11-Jul-20 17:01:22

Sussexborn I can only think that you have led a very sheltered life. I've looked back over this thread and can find no one who wished Johnson ill. Several have remarked on the comments made by Raab and Hancock whilst he was in hospital and obviously in a worse condition that they lead us to believe.

Some people have suggested that he should resign because of his ill health. Several have disparaged his performance, unsurprisingly since it hasn't been that good since his return to parliament.

If anything, I think that your comment, as quoted by Lucca is completely out of order.

suziewoozie Sat 11-Jul-20 17:14:14

Sussex your post is beyond belief. Have the courage to come back and argue your case.

Lucca Sat 11-Jul-20 18:12:23

And just by the way the reason people are not fans of Boris is not purely because he haS different political views, it’s because he is economical with the truth and extravagant with the blister and incompetence.

Apart from which we still,don’t have evidence frommSussexborn.

Iam64 Sat 11-Jul-20 18:40:26

It really is tedious, when accusations are made that have no links to reality.

suziewoozie Sat 11-Jul-20 18:47:08

Lucca surely you meant to post ‘he’s a proven liar’. ?

Lucca Sat 11-Jul-20 19:01:55

Blister ?? I meant bluster.... still no answer from Sussex....surprise surprise.