Gransnet forums

News & politics

Amendment on sale of NHS to foreign powers voted down

(78 Posts)
biba70 Tue 21-Jul-20 08:57:00

So, the Tories have done it - voted down the amendment that would have protected our NHS from being privatised and sold piecemeal to foreign powers. Trump said it would have to be part of a Deal - and they had to jump to his command. Is that what Brexiters wanted?

GagaJo Sat 25-Jul-20 10:46:32

growstuff: Covid-19 has been good for the NHS in the medium term because it's killed off so many elderly people. These are the people who are the greatest users of the NHS in their final years, so the NHS will make savings on treating them. I have long thought this. Cummings even alluded to it in his comment about pensioners dying.

chewbacca: Its 3 days now since I emailed my MP about the Amendment and I've not even received an acknowledgement. Cummings is on tape from LONG before the election saying Tory mps didn't want the NHS. This isn't news. It was there in the public domain. Not focused on by the right wing leaning media admittedly, but available for anyone to see. What response to that CAN your MP make? It was intended policy long before the election despite the lies to the contrary.

diathena: Tories sold off : British Aerospace, Cable & Wireless Jaguar, British, British Petroleum, British Airways, British Telecom, Britoil, Rolls Royce, Water & Electricity, British Coal, Powergen, National Rail, Royal Mail, Probation Services For me it isn't even just that they sold it off, it is the fact that the profits made their way into the pockets of the Tories and their friends. Money from public services. Total corruption.

diathena Sat 25-Jul-20 11:25:49

JenniferEccles Oh dear. Is this daft rumour still doing the rounds?

Does anyone honestly still believe that the wicked Tories are selling the NHS to Donald Trump?

I thought this stupid rumour had long since been put to bed.

Gagajo I responded to the above ridiculous post, I was just stating plain facts, I also know where the money went and am devastated by the ordinary people who were convinced by the arguement that if they bought a few shares in any of these sell offs they would be able to, somehow, make their futures more secure. It is the aim of Tories to fake 'include' the general population in their schemes, as if 'we are all in this together' but the truth will elude those of the 'I'm alright Jack' brigade, as they prefer maggie thatcher's edict 'there is no such thing as society'. Corruption indeed, 'twas ever thus with the tories.