Gransnet forums

News & politics

Yet another MP who doesn't keep the rules, what a hypocrite!

(187 Posts)
janipat Thu 01-Oct-20 19:00:47

www.heraldscotland.com/news/18763865.snp-mp-margaret-ferrier-travelled-scotland-london-testing-positive-covid-19/

And it says she called for Dominic Cummings' resignation, you couldn't make it up!

Chewbacca Thu 01-Oct-20 20:18:44

Hope your daughter and SIL are ok Urmstongran.

lemongrove Thu 01-Oct-20 20:19:33

I believe terribull was just being amusing, since a poster who uses shouty lettering about all things Westminster ( and how awful it is) also thinks the SNP are saintly.?

Alegrias Thu 01-Oct-20 20:21:02

What is the matter with you? Have you no common sense at all?

suziewoozie Thu 01-Oct-20 20:21:10

Just typical lemon just typical. Making nasty party political points out of what was an incredibly serious public health breach. Still what’s risking people’s lives worth if we can’t make a cheap joke out of it ?

lemongrove Thu 01-Oct-20 20:22:27

Algegrias why would anyone report it? Although.....I wouldn’t be surprised the way things are going on GN.

Your comment was ‘po faced’ but that isn’t a crime.As yet.

Chewbacca Thu 01-Oct-20 20:22:45

Alegrias

What is the matter with you? Have you no common sense at all?

Who was that aimed at?

Alegrias Thu 01-Oct-20 20:24:06

Chewbacca it was aimed at lemongrove. I'm so angry that I forgot to put her name.

suziewoozie Thu 01-Oct-20 20:25:07

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Alegrias Thu 01-Oct-20 20:25:21

I'm sorry if you thought it was aimed at you Chewbacca, it definitely wasn't.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 01-Oct-20 20:27:59

Hypocritical of Scottish MP who called for SPAD Mr Cummings to resign to knowingly travel on public transport when she had a positive Covid-19 test????

Well. am angry with the MP!!!!

Whitewavemark2 Thu 01-Oct-20 20:28:44

Urmstongran

Our daughter (full time teacher) and her husband (self employed) both felt ropey with high temperatures, loss of taste and smell, headache, aching muscles. They both went for a Covid test today. Results tomorrow. Daughter just rung me, children and husband in bed. She will work from home tomorrow whilst waiting for test result. Husband will just have to stay home with no pay.

That’s how it’s done properly.

Best wishes to your family ug and hope the results are negative.

Marydoll Thu 01-Oct-20 20:32:10

Urmston, how worrying for you all. I hope the tests are negative. ?

suziewoozie Thu 01-Oct-20 20:32:22

There was a great deal of hypocrisy amongst the majority of Tory MPs who did NOT call for Cummings to resign. A fair number of whom have breached rules/guidelines themselves ( but not of course of this magnitude)

lemongrove Thu 01-Oct-20 20:33:18

Hope your family are all ok Urmston a worry for you, are you back in the UK now?

PamelaJ1 Thu 01-Oct-20 20:33:27

Urmstongran, hope the news is good. ?

MrsRochester Thu 01-Oct-20 20:33:37

suziewoozie

Mrs Rochester she reporter herself to the police and may well be charged. I’d guess she will be. Alegrias costed posts.

Well, that’s something, I suppose. Begs the question though, why on earth behave that way in the first place?
Subsequent, public self-flagellation won’t undo any harm she has already done.
I’m an extremely insignificant member of the public: I wouldn’t dream of behaving that way.

lemongrove Thu 01-Oct-20 20:34:25

Quotes a deleted post

Urmstongran Thu 01-Oct-20 20:36:45

Thanks ladies for your supportive messages. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
No lemon I’m still in Spain.
Back home next month. Then staying there for 6 months.
No more flights for me once I’m back!
?

Callistemon Thu 01-Oct-20 20:37:03

cupaffull

I'm sorry I couldn't read this due The Heralds cookies policy....why do these Companies browbeat us into accepting invasive cookies!
Will she resign?

Just delete them before you log off, cupaffull

suziewoozie Thu 01-Oct-20 20:38:20

Keep,on rolling lemon you’re proving the point t so nicely

Whitewavemark2 Thu 01-Oct-20 20:39:23

Message deleted by Gransnet. Quotes a deleted post

suziewoozie Thu 01-Oct-20 20:41:04

Mrs Rochester I know <sigh> it’s beyond comprehension. Some breaches you can understand why someone behaved as they did , even though it was wrong, but this? How can you ever understand it?

janipat Thu 01-Oct-20 20:42:31

Like the MP in question I called on Cummings to be sacked or resign, so I guess she'll do the honourable thing and resign now, or else she's an even bigger hypocrite. She has risked the lives of the humble workers at the HOC, like my friend who works in the catering department, as well as her fellow passengers and train staff.

Callistemon Thu 01-Oct-20 20:44:00

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 01-Oct-20 20:44:26

I’m sure she will resign. How can you live with yourself knowing that you may have passed on the virus and possibly killed someone?

The pressure for her to go seems to be building.