Gransnet forums

News & politics

Dianne Abbott gaffes again

(133 Posts)
tickingbird Tue 25-May-21 16:10:38

I see Ms Abbott has claimed the female activist seriously injured at a party at 3am was shot due to her campaigning for equal rights for black people. Turns out she was shot by black males shooting from a car - probably gang related.

I wonder if the lady herself would still want the police to be defunded seeing as they are working hard to find the culprits. Maybe if they had been stopped and searched before they were able to drive about shooting indiscriminately it wouldn’t have happened.

I wonder if Ms Abbott will rectify her initial statement?

tickingbird Sat 29-May-21 12:52:07

It was widely reported at the time and I believe it to be true, that the mis-matched shoes story was fake. The picture had been photoshopped. I don’t believe for one minute that DA went out in odd shoes and my OP has nothing to do with her being a Labour MP.

Someone has now been charged with the attempted murder of Sasha Johnson and he’s a young, black male and I doubt she was the intended target. The whole point of this thread was is DA wrong to make a statement likely to inflame racial tension by saying Sasha was targeted because she is an activist for black rights? In my opinion DA was wrong to link the shooting to racism.

PippaZ Sat 29-May-21 12:52:33

I'm neither peeved, cross or amused by jokes that fall flat. tickingbird.

Perhaps, at some point, someone will let you know just how childish your obsession with me is. It's becoming embarrassing but I know it's just because you love me blush

tickingbird Sat 29-May-21 12:54:28

Pippa Explain how my joke fell flat. Is it because you said so?

Galaxy Sat 29-May-21 12:58:08

Because it's becoming downright weird.

JaneJudge Sat 29-May-21 13:25:32

She is 67 and diabetic. If she had have gone out in mis matched shoes, surely the correct response would be concern not ridicule.

Deedaa Sat 29-May-21 13:32:38

One of my friends who was in her late 30s and very on the ball once came to work in odd shoes. Same style but one was black and the other was blue. It took us hours to notice and no one felt the need to belittle her. It happens.

Callistemon Sat 29-May-21 14:54:20

JaneJudge

She is 67 and diabetic. If she had have gone out in mis matched shoes, surely the correct response would be concern not ridicule.

I was 47ish when I went out in mismatched shoes and not diabetic either.

It was a case of having too much to do, being distracted and rushing.