Gransnet forums

News & politics

Matt Hancock….

(410 Posts)
MayBee70 Thu 10-Jun-21 12:47:08

Anyone watching this now? He really does talk the talk doesn’t he. Has just stated that no health worker has died due to lack of PPE. At least Sarah Owen is now giving him a good grilling.

trisher Tue 29-Jun-21 10:03:20

It's quite simple Boris didn't want Hancock to go, so he told him he was right behind him and would back him to the hilt. Hancock took fright and resigned! Ergo Boris was responsible!

MayBee70 Tue 29-Jun-21 11:58:27

Lucca

So now apparently Boris is trying to claim credit for Hancock’s resignation. You have to laugh really.

I think he actually believes his own lies now given that most people seem happy to believe them too.

Sarnia Tue 29-Jun-21 12:31:56

On Friday, Boris publicly stated that 'the matter is closed' and Hancock would be staying in post. There was no mention from Boris of resignation and a new Health Secretary been installed over the weekend. Fast forward to today and Boris's selective memory has turned his very straightforward statement on Friday into a fairy tale with him telling Hancock to clear his desk and isn't he a wonderful PM. No, Boris, you aren't. Don't treat this country like a bunch of idiots. First rule Boris: when you are in a hole, stop digging.

trisher Tue 29-Jun-21 12:50:55

If you can forget how many children you have forgetting what actually happened is just a minor thing.

JaneJudge Tue 29-Jun-21 12:53:17

I heard Boris on telly and he said, on Friday it er er er stood as tat and on Saturday er er um it was a different day and that is how it all err works. If that isn't spot on, it was a very similar statement

Sparklefizz Tue 29-Jun-21 12:55:49

Well, to be fair (ducking below parapet), I shouldn't think any PM would want the Health Minister to leave in the middle of a pandemic when continuity is needed with the vax programme.

Greta Tue 29-Jun-21 13:02:56

But the PM didn't sack Dominic Cummings either, did he? I think he (the PM) wants to keep them all close to his chest just in case they spill some beans. Or is that too cynical of me?

MayBee70 Tue 29-Jun-21 13:27:27

I understand that the Hancock resignation covered up the news that Gove had been found guilty of giving contracts to cronies (or something like that). One always has to think with this government when something big hits the headlines ‘what is it burying’…..

theworriedwell Wed 30-Jun-21 09:32:35

trisher

If you can forget how many children you have forgetting what actually happened is just a minor thing.

That made me laugh. When I was in hospital just after my fourth child was born someone asked how many I had. Well I had 4, one was an adult and away at uni so before the birth I had 3 but 2 at home, now I had 4. So my reply was, "2, 3 no 4." Caused great hilarity on the ward.

Baby brain, hormones or the GA I had for the EMCS?