✓ Ikea
✓ Octopus Energy
✓ Ovo Energy
✓ Indeed
✓ Vodafone
✓ Specsavers
✓ LV
✓ Bosch

This is a list of companies who have withdrawn their advertising from the anti-woke channel known as GB News, but doesn’t actually seem to give any actual news.

There is footage of one of the female presenter giving someone the finger on air! And myriad errors and technical failures.

It is so heartening to know that there has been sufficient pressure from people who are appalled at the divisive character of the station.

Populism isn’t so popular after all.

growstuff Sat 19-Jun-21 00:55:52

25Avalon

And it’s the obsessed snowflakes who are divisive.

And people claim they don't realise that the flames of culture wars are being fanned. Seriously!

FannyCornforth Sat 19-Jun-21 02:33:34

For research purposes I'm going to watch it again this weekend.
And I will do my very best to be as impartial as I can

MaizieD Sat 19-Jun-21 08:04:00

growstuff

25Avalon

By cancelling everything they don’t agree with. And if you don’t agree you are branded racist. No rationale at all.

But that's a gross exaggeration of what's happening anywhere.

I'm trying to find out what has been 'cancelled', but Avalon won't tell me ?

I'm also puzzled as to where racism fits in...

25Avalon Sat 19-Jun-21 09:10:19

Come off it MaisieD it’s happening all around us. Lectures cancelled, statues toppled, names of schools and streets etc changed, books cancelled, authors cancelled, Sports people such as Ollie Robinson suspended from cricket for tweets he made as a kid, people losing their jobs fo daring to express their private views. The list goes on and on. As Rowan Atkinson says it is like a “medieval mob looking for someone to burn”.

No one who is woke can take woke seriously any more. It has become absurd in picking up on any tiny little thing and trying to brand it as racist, transphobic etc. when it isn’t. But if you argue against it you are racist, transphobic etc because they have no logical arguments. Reductio absurdem.