Gransnet forums

News & politics

Prince Andrew is being sued

(219 Posts)
maddyone Tue 10-Aug-21 10:44:15

Well it had to be done, so I’m doing it. It’s in the news this morning that Prince Andrew is being sued in New York by Virginia Roberts for having underage sex with her when she was seventeen. Will there be a successful outcome for her?

Alegrias1 Tue 10-Aug-21 12:32:03

Crikey.

Chewbacca Tue 10-Aug-21 12:38:53

I'm stunned at your post Jabberwock. Haven't you read any of the reports about Virginia Roberts Giuffre's childhood and upbringing? Haven't you read anything about how she came to be involved with Epstein and Maxwell? Would you feel the same way if it was your grandaughter who had been trafficked and sold on? Have you been living under a rock for the past few years?

Esspee Tue 10-Aug-21 12:54:58

Epstein was a disgusting piece of work as were all the men who participated in his orgies but I find it even more appalling that any woman would help procure young girls for this type of abuse. Maxwell is the most repulsive of all the guilty parties.

MissAdventure Tue 10-Aug-21 12:56:52

There are pictures of baby P smiling.

Blondiescot Tue 10-Aug-21 12:59:31

There seems to an awful lot of victim blaming (or shaming) going on here...

GillT57 Tue 10-Aug-21 12:59:46

What a disgusting tirade of victim blaming. Last time this subject was discussed on here a few GN members inferred that she should be honoured to be raped by sleep with a Prince.

Parsley3 Tue 10-Aug-21 13:09:53

Alegrias1

Woman sues man for sexual attack.

Woman must have ulterior motive.

It wasn't a real crime

Woman wants money.

It wasn't just him.

Do you hear yourselves?

Quite. Anyone wanting to say that Andrew was entitled to have sex with a teenage girl as none the posh ladies were available and a man has his needs? Good luck with trying to get any money out of the Royals by the way. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Andrew happily mixed in Epstein’s circles and deserves all he gets.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 10-Aug-21 13:19:50

Trafficking is illegal in the U.K. regardless of the age of the victim. Likewise grooming for sex.

If you have seen either the documentary about Epstein, Maxwell and friend, or read anything you will be in absolute no doubt of the guilt of all Epstein’s friends both in the U.K. and USA.

Windsor spent time on the island and Epstein’s property where sex and debauchery was the focus by all who stayed there. So Windsor almost certainly broke USA law.

Anniebach Tue 10-Aug-21 13:21:47

Seems the fact that he is member of the royal family is enough
for some to want to bring back beheading.

Surely what matters is the truth and justice not the need to
be gleeful that the accused is a member of a family some want
to be rid of.

Casdon Tue 10-Aug-21 13:21:52

It’s important to understand the limitations of a civil case in the USA, it’s not the same as a criminal case.
www.findlaw.com/criminal/criminal-law-basics/the-differences-between-a-criminal-case-and-a-civil-case.html

Whitewavemark2 Tue 10-Aug-21 13:26:15

The Maxwell trial is coming up, so it will be interesting to see if anything comes out then or possibly the RF have paid her off?

But her job apart from sex with Epstein, was to prey on young poor schoolgirls. Maxwell cruised up and down the road as school ended and picked up young girls with the promise of work with Epstein to be paid by furthering their education or training in a chosen career. Sex was never mentioned and the girls were groomed very gradually by this sick couple.

Callistemon Tue 10-Aug-21 13:26:18

Alegrias1

Woman sues man for sexual attack.

Woman must have ulterior motive.

It wasn't a real crime

Woman wants money.

It wasn't just him.

Do you hear yourselves?

Shocking.

Although I believe that no amount of money can compensate for a young life destroyed by powerful men, he has to be brought to account somehow.

As long as it's not their own daughters involved. How can a father of girls behave like this with other people's daughters?

GillT57 Tue 10-Aug-21 13:26:20

Anniebach

Seems the fact that he is member of the royal family is enough
for some to want to bring back beheading.

Surely what matters is the truth and justice not the need to
be gleeful that the accused is a member of a family some want
to be rid of.

Not true in my case annie. I am sickened by those who think that he can do no wrong because he is a member of the RF. He is one of many high profile suspects, deserves the same treatment and trial as every one of them.

Callistemon Tue 10-Aug-21 13:27:30

^Seems the fact that he is member of the royal family is enough
for some to want to bring back beheading.^

Not beheading exactly.

Callistemon Tue 10-Aug-21 13:28:09

The ^^ don't seem to be working - I was quoting anniebach's words.

Parsley3 Tue 10-Aug-21 13:30:06

I doubt if anyone is feeling gleeful that a member of the Royal Family has been a good friend of Epstein and is now facing the consequences. Even a fervent Royalist must feel some disappointment in Andrew’s behaviour.

Anniebach Tue 10-Aug-21 13:33:23

I agree GillT57 , he should not be allowed to get away with any crime, his family like any family should not be dragged into the allegations.

nanna8 Tue 10-Aug-21 13:36:10

No doubt Prince Sleazebag will get away with it with all the money behind him for first class legal people. The victim blaming makes me feel quite sick and I find it very disappointing that it occurs.

Soozikinzi Tue 10-Aug-21 13:37:05

I think the whole debauched business just highlights how wrong it is to have anyone with a title . Everyone should be equal and the whole system of titles setting one above another is completely out dated.

GillT57 Tue 10-Aug-21 13:38:56

Anniebach

I agree GillT57 , he should not be allowed to get away with any crime, his family like any family should not be dragged into the allegations.

I agree. It would be sad to see some using this unsavoury episode to have a kick at the Royal Family. They are not his keepers.

Anniebach Tue 10-Aug-21 13:43:11

Snoozikinzi interesting that the only person named has a title , perhaps all involved has a title

Whitewavemark2 Tue 10-Aug-21 13:43:29

His family is immaterial just as other families of those seeking particular sex acts who spent time on Little St. James.

The island was used for debauched sex. Why would anyone want to spend time there if they were appalled and sickened by the activities going on?

No one would would they?

Lincslass Tue 10-Aug-21 13:43:39

Parsley3

I doubt if anyone is feeling gleeful that a member of the Royal Family has been a good friend of Epstein and is now facing the consequences. Even a fervent Royalist must feel some disappointment in Andrew’s behaviour.

Absolutely, but the FBI could have come to the UK for an interview, but didn’t, the CJ D said he wasn’t a suspect. No one is above the law, says the American lawyer, very true, but not true in the case of Sacoolas, who has been deemed by America to be so. Let us not be judge and jury on this, most think he is guilty on say so, it needs to be proven. If guilty he should be punished. If she is found to be lying, then so should she.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 10-Aug-21 13:45:59

There are lots of names of powerful people including Trump, Clinton and many others. This will all come out at the trial.

Of course they won’t have a U.K. title but that is immaterial. Windsor’s title means nothing,

Anniebach Tue 10-Aug-21 13:48:37

Yet she isn’t suing any others