Gransnet forums

News & politics

Prince Andrew is being sued

(219 Posts)
maddyone Tue 10-Aug-21 10:44:15

Well it had to be done, so I’m doing it. It’s in the news this morning that Prince Andrew is being sued in New York by Virginia Roberts for having underage sex with her when she was seventeen. Will there be a successful outcome for her?

Anniebach Thu 12-Aug-21 09:18:59

Yes Petera she did, the interview was so distressing

Anniebach Thu 12-Aug-21 09:19:39

In 2011, she was asked whether Prince Andrew would have information and told her lawyers in 2011: “Yes, he would know a lot of the truth." "Again, I don’t know how much he would be able to help you with, but seeing he’s in a lot of trouble himself these days, I think he might,” she added. “So, I think he may be valuable. I’m not too sure of him.” [48] In 2014, after apparently not knowing whether he would be valuable and after having asked whether he might like to help with the allegations against Epstein, she accused him for the first time ever of sexual offences.

JaneJudge Thu 12-Aug-21 09:19:40

I don't know about any of you but I've never been to a party where young women are procured for prostitution for older, powerful men to access whilst at the party. Lets stop talking as though he was hapless and didn't know what was happening

Anniebach Thu 12-Aug-21 09:25:16

I have no idea what he knew or didn’t know, what I know of him I could believe he is so arrogant he wouldn’t even think the girl was forced to have sex with him , she would be thrilled
to have sex with him.

eazybee Thu 12-Aug-21 09:32:18

Yes, I reiterate: Prince Andrew is a casualty, through his choice to associate with a very charming and totally corrupt man.
Virginia Guiffre is another casualty; at the moment she is riding high but once, if ever, the claims are settled, most of the money will vanish in legal fees and she will have allowed herself yet again to have been used as a pawn.

MawBe Thu 12-Aug-21 09:39:04

Callistemon

trisher

Andrew still has security, mummy fixed it for him www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8395675/Prince-Andrew-allowed-300-000-year-bodyguards.html

Well, I misread that link:
"Prince Andrew allowed 300 year old bodyguards"

It really is time for bed.

300,000 year-old body guards? ?

Anniebach Thu 12-Aug-21 09:49:10

What flights and hotels are the alleged bodyguards using ?

Whitewavemark2 Thu 12-Aug-21 09:50:22

So if Windsor is a casualty, what about all the other rich and powerful politicians, businessmen etc? Are they all casualties as well?

Of course not.

They were complicit in Epstein’s actions. A fool would know that what was taking place was wrong and immoral.

Anniebach Thu 12-Aug-21 10:46:06

Are all these rich and powerful politicians and business men
being sued ?

Whitewavemark2 Thu 12-Aug-21 11:28:24

Anniebach

Are all these rich and powerful politicians and business men
being sued ?

Windsor is not the only one cited in the case.

Charles has said that Andrew will never return to public service.

His life as a royal is finished.

Anniebach Thu 12-Aug-21 12:13:47

He isn’t the only one being cited, is he the only one being sued

Alegrias1 Thu 12-Aug-21 12:16:52

Annie.

Jean-Luc Brunel has been arrested. She didn't need to take personal action against him because he has been arrested.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 12-Aug-21 12:19:11

Exactly.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 12-Aug-21 12:21:02

If Windsor was prepared to cooperate, he almost certainly would not have been sued if he could prove enough evidence to show he was innocent.

In fact you would think that he would welcome the chance!

Petera Thu 12-Aug-21 12:22:47

Anniebach

He isn’t the only one being cited, is he the only one being sued

Look what level of behaviour are you demanding from her?

Larsonsmum Thu 12-Aug-21 12:26:29

.....and here was me thinking Sarah Ferguson being invited to Balmoral this summer was the start of a process which would see her and Prince Andrew shortly remarrying, thus bringing him back in from the cold as the 'good man' she keeps saying he is.

Not now.

Grany Thu 12-Aug-21 12:36:46

This would be appalling if they tried it on. Unlikely to succeed as royals have been prosecuted before.

The Prince might also argue that he has some form of sovereign or crown immunity because he was a working member of the Royal Family and part of the British state apparatus at the time of the alleged incidents.

Telegraph

The Metropolitan Police Commissioner, herself under enormous pressure in the past few months, has ordered a review of the allegations made against Prince Andrew by Virginia Giuffre. She insists: “No one is above the law.”

She said when asked about aligations against Andrew LBC

twitter.com/RoyalReporter/status/1425744188918861833?s=20

Grany Thu 12-Aug-21 12:45:16

The cost of running both Houses of Parliament in 2018/19 was £560.4 million. That pays for 1400 parliamentarians plus their staff. £345m is spent on providing us with one head of state.