Gransnet forums

News & politics

Does anybody else think the Queen has lost weight?

(61 Posts)
MayBeMaw Thu 10-Feb-22 07:11:00

Should we be concerned?

Bridgeit Thu 10-Feb-22 22:06:50

It is not at all unusual as we get older for us to loose weight. So I don’t think we need to be concerned , I expect that she can pick & choose what she wants to do.

Bridgeit Thu 10-Feb-22 22:09:56

Plus , she has had years of experience regarding family ups & downs.

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 10-Feb-22 22:12:35

She undoubtedly now looks her age, I hope if I reach her age I look as good, though. But, I believe she will soldier on until the end.

BlueBelle Thu 10-Feb-22 22:26:38

Most people look frail and small when they get to that age surely
She looks fine for such advance years

glammagran Thu 10-Feb-22 22:36:22

I think looking like you are losing weight in old age is largely due to the loss of muscle mass. I’ve seen elderly horses with their ribs showing through their skin who still ate as much if not more than they’d ever done.

gillgran Thu 10-Feb-22 23:33:52

The Queen has lost weight & is looking quite fragile, although her smile shone through when she hosted at Sandringham last weekend, (Saturday, on TV).

I think many will be concerned that she met with Prince Charles at Windsor just a couple of days before he tested positive for Covid.

I really hope that HM stays healthy for the June celebrations.

Sparklefizz Fri 11-Feb-22 09:06:53

I am wondering if she has had a diagnosis of "something" after her overnight stay in hospital, and that it's being kept under wraps.... hence the weight loss. She seems to be getting her house in order (think of Camilla)

Iam64 Fri 11-Feb-22 10:52:18

Sparklefizz, yes I agree, made a similar point earlier

maddyone Fri 11-Feb-22 10:56:00

No, we shouldn’t be concerned. She’s a very old lady who is actually quite remarkable for her age, but she’s not going to live forever. People get old and die, even the Queen.

Kali2 Sat 12-Feb-22 11:57:07

As maddyone says. And yes, I have noticed that her shoulders in particular have gone very thin and narrow. But she looks amazing for her age, and this is quite a normal process.

My mum was very thin at her age too.