Mr. Johnson live on GMB 8.30 today

(141 Posts)
GrannyGravy13 Tue 03-May-22 08:35:14

Just that really

Whitewavemark2 Tue 03-May-22 08:37:39

No point as it is all lies.

FannyCornforth Tue 03-May-22 10:12:29

What was he on about?
He’s making a big thing of himself in Ukraine today, isn’t he?

Wheniwasyourage Tue 03-May-22 10:42:47

God help us all - the man really believes that he is Churchill. I despair.

volver Tue 03-May-22 10:47:48

Has anybody got a link to the interview? I can't find it.

Polly73 Tue 03-May-22 10:53:55

Mr Johnson is expected to say: "When my country faced the threat of invasion during the Second World War, our parliament - like yours - continued to meet throughout the conflict, and the British people showed such unity and resolve that we remember our time of greatest peril as our finest hour." He will add: "This is Ukraine's finest hour, an epic chapter in your national story that will be remembered and recounted for generations to come."Your children and grandchildren will say that Ukrainians taught the world that the brute force of an aggressor counts for nothing against the moral force of a people determined to be free."

Zonne Tue 03-May-22 10:54:14

He did, of course, signal that the triple lock will be abandoned again later this year, as it’s inflationary.

growstuff Tue 03-May-22 10:55:38

volver

Has anybody got a link to the interview? I can't find it.

www.itv.com/hub/good-morning-britain/2a3211a3293

It starts at 2hr 2 min, so you'll need to scroll to near the end.

volver Tue 03-May-22 10:58:48

Thanks growstuff. It says it won't play in Scotland!! I'll keep trying...

MaizieD Tue 03-May-22 10:59:45

Polly73

*Mr Johnson is expected to say: "When my country faced the threat of invasion during the Second World War, our parliament - like yours - continued to meet throughout the conflict, and the British people showed such unity and resolve that we remember our time of greatest peril as our finest hour." He will add: "This is Ukraine's finest hour, an epic chapter in your national story that will be remembered and recounted for generations to come."Your children and grandchildren will say that Ukrainians taught the world that the brute force of an aggressor counts for nothing against the moral force of a people determined to be free."*

Fine words not worth a penny from a man whose government is busily doing everything it can to restrict freedoms of UK citizens and to quash opposition.

OakDryad Tue 03-May-22 11:02:35

I can barely stand to watch Johnson but followed the Q&A through a newspaper feed. The usual lies, obfuscation and avoidance. A huge waste of time for viewers other than to confirm what we already knew about him.

The elderly woman reduced to riding around on London buses all day on her Freedom Pass because her heating costs have quadrupled so she can’t afford to heat her home and all he can say is that he introduced the Freedom Pass and she may be able to get some help with fuel costs. Crassness indeed ... Also the Freedom Pass was introduced in 1973 by the GLC.

Interesting article in the Spring 2022 edition of The Critic magazine from Dr Christopher S Browning Reader in Politics and Internation Studies at the University Of Warwick on the dangers of a vicarious war and Churchillian rheteoric.

growstuff Tue 03-May-22 11:04:35

volver

Thanks growstuff. It says it won't play in Scotland!! I'll keep trying...

Try this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QizGkU3HuOs

volver Tue 03-May-22 11:05:29

Perfect, thanks. That's me occupied for the next 25 minutes then...

Whitewavemark2 Tue 03-May-22 11:12:34

Count the lies and report back?

volver Tue 03-May-22 11:14:02

I'm only 8 minutes in and I've lost count.

Cost of chickens?!?!?

Wheniwasyourage Tue 03-May-22 11:23:20

There is a report of the interview in the Guardian which was live during the broadcast and is still there (if that makes sense).

volver Tue 03-May-22 11:30:13

Who's Lorraine?

??

Greta Tue 03-May-22 11:45:42

Good to hear again that we are still 'world leading'. And that we enjoy the fastest growing economy in the G7. It must be so because our PM is always honest and truthful...

OakDryad Tue 03-May-22 11:51:59

Thank you growstuff for the links. I've just forced myself to watch this and I'm glad I did. The split screen format was inspired. One can see Susanna Reid's mounting and suppressed rage as she pressed Johnson for answers while he did his usual talk-over-the-top-of blustering. Well done Good Morning Britain for showing him up to be utterly out of touch with what is happening in the country he and his party were elected to govern.

DiamondLily Tue 03-May-22 14:44:50

Susanna Reid asked him about 'Elsie' - a pensioner who rides on buses all day, because she can longer afford to heat her home.

Johnson ignored the actual situation, and reminded Ms Reid that he had introduced Freedom Passes, as London Mayor.....?

Oh well, that's ok then....?

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10777741/Boris-told-pensioner-rides-bus-day-warm-says-gave-free-pass.html

suttonJ Tue 03-May-22 14:51:54

The usual lies, bluster and hubris from BJ. Well done Susannah for heroically trying to hold him to account....bet he was expecting a nice cosy breakfast chat.
But please....the way he chose to sit, with legs splayed as wide apart as possible, made me want to vomit. Coming in the week when we've been facing the facts of horrendous male misogyny from parliamentarians!

GrannyGravy13 Tue 03-May-22 14:56:33

Haven’t managed to see the interview yet.
DD was rushed to hospital first thing, with a sever allergic reaction.
I am on Granny duty until she is discharged, will try and look when I have wrangled the GC into bed.

OakDryad Tue 03-May-22 15:04:08

Of Elsie’s plight, Johnson said she would have a direct cut in her council tax as a result of what we [the Government] are doing.

The £150 being paid to people in lower council tax bands is not a tax cut. A blatant lie ahead of the local elections this week.

The Freedom Pass was introduced by the GLC in 1973.

Esspee Tue 03-May-22 15:11:12

GrannyGravy13

Haven’t managed to see the interview yet.
DD was rushed to hospital first thing, with a sever allergic reaction.
I am on Granny duty until she is discharged, will try and look when I have wrangled the GC into bed.

I hope she is on the mend GG. ?for your daughter.

Daftbag1 Tue 03-May-22 15:19:24

I'd be surprised if Elsie will get the £150 being paid to those paying band a - d council tax. If, as I understand, Elsie is in receipt of Pension credit guarantee, she will not be paying council tax. Those pensioners of us not paying council tax due to being on the lowest income, won't be entitled to this £150 credit. Obviously because we can ride on buses all day to keep warm!