News & politics

So ... no more fines for Boris!

(208 Posts)
Urmstongran Thu 19-May-22 12:05:35

186 issued.
None for Boris.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 19-May-22 12:08:20

Time for the Sue Grey report.

I’m unclear how you know that Johnson has not recieved any more fines?

Urmstongran Thu 19-May-22 12:08:49

*126 issued. Sue Gray’s report might be damning yet.
Some civil servants have received multiple fines.
Not good.

rosie1959 Thu 19-May-22 12:10:28

Whitewavemark2

BBC news

Urmstongran Thu 19-May-22 12:18:24

This might well be a very quiet thread. ???

rosie1959 Thu 19-May-22 12:19:29

Urmstongran

This might well be a very quiet thread. ???

You may well be right

OakDryad Thu 19-May-22 12:20:49

Which is odd as the Met's Press Release clearly states:

Of the referrals, all resulted or will do so in a FPN being issued. The breakdown of recipients is, 53 were men and 73 were women. Some people received more than one FPN.

We will not be releasing or confirming the identity of anyone involved in this investigation or providing further details of our findings, in line with the approach we’ve taken throughout the pandemic.

news.met.police.uk/news/mets-investigation-into-alleged-breaches-of-covid-regulations-op-hillman-concludes-448148

volver Thu 19-May-22 12:23:05

Oh good.

So just the one time he broke the law and refused to resign then?

Come on Sue. We're all agog.

Casdon Thu 19-May-22 12:23:18

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

rosie1959 Thu 19-May-22 12:24:30

OakDryad

Which is odd as the Met's Press Release clearly states:

Of the referrals, all resulted or will do so in a FPN being issued. The breakdown of recipients is, 53 were men and 73 were women. Some people received more than one FPN.

We will not be releasing or confirming the identity of anyone involved in this investigation or providing further details of our findings, in line with the approach we’ve taken throughout the pandemic.

news.met.police.uk/news/mets-investigation-into-alleged-breaches-of-covid-regulations-op-hillman-concludes-448148

From how I read this the Met will not be releasing information of persons involved. Those that have received them are quite free to give this information

GrannyGravy13 Thu 19-May-22 12:33:26

I am sure that I have read somewhere on line this morning that the SG report is out next week.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 19-May-22 12:36:23

Whitewavemark2

It was said that No.10 would say when and how many FPN Mr.Johnson had received, they revealed immediately the first and as far as we know only FPN.

DiamondLily Thu 19-May-22 12:41:37

So, he's only been found to have broken the law once then?

Oh, ok, well, that's fine. Who expects a PM to stick to his own emergency laws? ?

GrannyGravy13 Thu 19-May-22 12:44:44

DiamondLily

So, he's only been found to have broken the law once then?

Oh, ok, well, that's fine. Who expects a PM to stick to his own emergency laws? ?

I do.

I said at the beginning of partygate if any MP including the PM were issued with a FPN they should resign.

MayBee70 Thu 19-May-22 12:45:09

So the ABBA party was ok then? Blow me, we should all have been having parties shouldn’t we?

OakDryad Thu 19-May-22 12:49:19

In other words, we have to take Johnson’s word for it? Why would anyone take the word of a pathologial and compulsive liar? Remember this is the man who lied to Parliament about this. I need to see documentary evidence from the Met confirming he has not been fined.

What is going to be unacceptable is if he attended parties where others have been fined and he had not. His job is to oversee the Civil Service and yet he let these parties go on.

David Starkey has laid the blame at the door of Cabinet Secretary Mark Sedwill and Head of Propriety and Ethics Helen Macnamara (both now gone) saying it would never have happened on Thatcher’s watch. Starkey argues that we have to excuse Johnson because he is a “big picture man” and should not have been expected to have known the details of Covid restrictions- (despite being on TV every night telling us what they were). In other words, if Sedwill and Macnamara wer partying so could Johnson. He was Sedwill's and Macnamara’s line manager. Macnamara - Sedwill - Johnson. Cressida Dick resigned because she could not control her police force. The same should go for Johnson. Roll on the Sue Gray report.

Lucca Thu 19-May-22 12:50:33

Instantly recognisable

volver Thu 19-May-22 12:53:07

James O'Brien hitting the nail on the head and making me very sad for what some people in this country are happy to accept.

twitter.com/LBC/status/1527237594383372288

Kandinsky Thu 19-May-22 12:53:32

Why can’t Urmstongran start threads about politics without people rolling their eyes?
People start thread after thread attacking the tories so what’s the problem?
No one has to read what anyone posts.

volver Thu 19-May-22 12:55:27

Why can’t Urmstongran start threads about politics without people rolling their eyes?

Why indeed. The mystery of the ages.

Off now to take out the aggression on some weeds...

GrannyGravy13 Thu 19-May-22 12:58:09

Kandinsky

I know Kandinsky it is verging on bullying/ridiculing of Urmstongran

Lucca Thu 19-May-22 13:04:15

volver

James O'Brien hitting the nail on the head and making me very sad for what some people in this country are happy to accept.

twitter.com/LBC/status/1527237594383372288

Marvellous. Wish some Boris supporters would listen to that but….

Lucca Thu 19-May-22 13:05:14

GrannyGravy13

Kandinsky

I know Kandinsky it is verging on bullying/ridiculing of Urmstongran

It really isn’t.. UG is not a shrinking violet !

OakDryad Thu 19-May-22 13:10:15

It is not bullying to be frustrated with a Prime Mininster who lies and frustrated with people on these boards who appear to support a Prime Minister who lies. Others have a right to call them on it.

Johnson stood in Parliament and said there were no parties. 126 fines have just been issued for parties. Whether he has received any more fines is moot but he has lied.

Do you not see how our democracy is being eroded by this man and what he is doing?

Let me ask you this? If your neighbour had repeated parties during lockdown and swore blind they didn't what would your reaction be?

Oldbat1 Thu 19-May-22 13:17:01

It isn’t over until Sue Grey “sings”. Well KS has nothing to worry about now BJ hasn’t received the numerous fines he deserved. Disgusted and saddened.