186 issued.
None for Boris.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 23-May-22 11:13:41

?

Tom London
@TomLondon

For younger readers:
What is happening in UK now is NOT NORMAL

I was born in 1961. Never have I seen such a serious threat to the Rule of Law, standards in public life, human rights & democracy itself as the threat from Johnson’s Govt

MayBee70 Mon 23-May-22 12:01:00

No it isn’t normal. But it’s become normal. And that’s terrifying.

Casdon Mon 23-May-22 13:23:34

Well what a surprise.
www.itv.com/news/2022-05-23/pm-urged-to-explain-secret-meeting-as-partygate-report-set-to-be-published

DiamondLily Mon 23-May-22 14:28:31

Thanks to those at the top of government, this country is turning into the sort of banana republic we used to laugh at.

Lies, sleaze and corruption is the new "normal" ?

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 23-May-22 14:30:35

Most Tory MPs seem to be supporting Johnson (probably with their fingers crossed) and putting Party before country. But, it seems to me that one or two backbenchers aren’t quite toeing the party line. Jeremy Hunt has been more sympathetic to the cost of living situation and so has Ian DS. Are they playing a long game and preparing for the inevitable leadership contest? But where is Gove? I know he is a backstabber but according to a close family member who knows about these things, he gets things done. Obviously all three of these people are pretty grim but there’s no one in the current cabinet who has the sense, brains or dignity to be PM. I may have wandered off the point…

Eloethan Mon 23-May-22 22:57:46

So it is reported that junior civil servants at the "work event" were fined but senior civil servants and the PM were not. How does that work then?

Did the rules really mean that if you worked in a particular place you were entitled to have a social event, with drinks, either during or at the end of the business day?

Eloethan Mon 23-May-22 23:01:11

If they can't even abide by the rules they have made and that they stood by and watched other people being punished for allegedly breaking, how can they be seen as fit to run the country?

MayBee70 Tue 24-May-22 00:19:38

Eloethan

So it is reported that junior civil servants at the "work event" were fined but senior civil servants and the PM were not. How does that work then?

Did the rules really mean that if you worked in a particular place you were entitled to have a social event, with drinks, either during or at the end of the business day?

DH did read that it depended on what level of legal advice you could afford ( but I need to check out where he read it…..)