Gransnet forums

News & politics

Ignore Nicola Sturgeon. She’s just an attention seeker.

(355 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

volver Tue 02-Aug-22 09:08:05

So. The person who is likely to be our next Prime Minister told the party faithful at a hustings in Exeter that the best thing to do about Sturgeon is to ignore her. When told by the moderator that NS was democratically elected to her position, Truss said NS is just an attention seeker. Cue lots of excited clapping and cheering.

This is the woman who is meant to be our senior diplomat, who will be in the company of world leaders. NS was elected by 48% (or so) of the electorate of her country, Truss will inherit the job by getting the votes of something like 0.03% of the electorate. Ignore Sturgeon, you’re ignoring half the population of Scotland and telling them that you know better what’s good for them.

It’s the number one story up here but I don’t know how much its being reported in rUK.

Last week I called her a Welsh carrot. (You had to be there wink) But it seems I over estimated her. She’s lost the place, as we say up here.

Casdon Thu 11-Aug-22 18:59:58

Maudi

If you believe Sturgeon, I expect she's still smarting about being called an attention seeker don't believe everything you read in The Guardian Newspaper.

You do make me laugh Maudi. The Guardian, that bastion of communism and SNP supporting tendencies, known to repeatedly make up untrue stories about that saviour of a fully United Britain (renamed ‘England’) Truss.

Petera Thu 11-Aug-22 19:46:24

Casdon

Maudi

If you believe Sturgeon, I expect she's still smarting about being called an attention seeker don't believe everything you read in The Guardian Newspaper.

You do make me laugh Maudi. The Guardian, that bastion of communism and SNP supporting tendencies, known to repeatedly make up untrue stories about that saviour of a fully United Britain (renamed ‘England’) Truss.

This is exactly the toxic legacy of Johnson - everything is a lie, everything is deniable.

volver Thu 11-Aug-22 19:49:04

I know some of the people posting here are in Scotland, like me. I think the reaction from many here North of the border is just bemused jollity at the jibe from Truss, and at Sturgeon's very measured response. Unless you are Annie Wells. She's not a happy camper.

GrannyRose15 Thu 11-Aug-22 20:32:52

"You respect the position and the decision of the Scots, even if you don't respect the person holding it."

Oh how I wish people would respect the position. It works both ways you know.