News & politics

Kunsberg Truss interview

(35 Posts)
Daisymae Sun 02-Oct-22 09:08:05

Thought that she let Truss off lightly.

nadateturbe Sun 02-Oct-22 16:00:37

Thanks again Doodledog.

annodomini Sun 02-Oct-22 16:17:00

I gather that the reason for the programmes's earlier than usual start was the London Marathon which, thankfully, doesn't happen every week. Because I like a lie-in (who doesn't?) and don't have a TV in my bedroom, I record the LK programme every week which means I can fast forward when a politician I can't stand comes on.

Prentice Sun 02-Oct-22 16:46:07

There were technical faults on the programme today, which was annoying.
What I heard from Liz Truss was not the least bit reassuring.

nadateturbe Sun 02-Oct-22 16:55:56

Politics isn't my subject at all, but I was interested to hear the interview.
LT kept repeating herself and waffled.
Laura had a difficult time but managed to ask some good questions. (Didn't ask about bankers bonuses) but unfortunately couldn't get answers.

Not reassuring at all.

Ashcombe Sun 02-Oct-22 17:08:43

Boz

If it were done when ’tis done, then ’twere well
It were done quickly;

Macbeth

Such an apt quotation, Boz! Thank you!

MaizieD Sun 02-Oct-22 17:19:55

But we know what happened to Macbeth...

foxie48 Sun 02-Oct-22 17:30:55

I think she'll throw KK under a bus, she needs a scapegoat. She was employed by the Reform right wing think tank before coming into politics as an MP and tbh I think she's a bit of a BJ in that she doesn't really have any under pinning ideology apart from what is best for Liz. Her "I will deliver" speeches were all aimed at getting votes from the old white male members of the C party and even then she didn't get a massive majority. She wasn't the MP's favourite, it's BJ all over again, only the hair has been changed and any sense of fun removed! Oh dear.

62Granny Sun 02-Oct-22 17:41:38

My first thought on watching her was "didn't her mother tell her it is rude to point" ? second thought was " answer the bl***y question women" but as usual she didn't , I love the way she kept bringing it back to they capped the rise in fuel, no you didnt!! And to cap it all she blamed Kawsi for the tax cuts and more or less said she wasn't responsible for him or his actions before or after. He looked very pleased with himself going to a drinks do with the bankers I noticed?

foxie48 Mon 03-Oct-22 14:38:22

So KK has made a U turn! 45% tax band stands and apparently LT didn't know about it until shortly before it was announced. Seems like the PM is trying to shift the blame.