Gransnet forums

Pets

Mia

(135 Posts)
numberplease Wed 17-Oct-12 17:15:20

Well, we collected her this afternoon, but she`s awfully timid, has spent ages hiding behind the fridge freezer, came out for food, then cowered in the bathroom, behind the toilet. We`re not forcing her, she`ll come out in her own time.

soop Thu 18-Oct-12 16:44:56

Sounds to me like Mia's already fond of you. Cats can be awfully "picky", can't they. Our Rory is in for a surprise. At some point during the next few weeks we intend trapping him, so that the vet can perform the snip. We fear that he has found himself a new wifelet. Wee kitten spotted close by.

numberplease Thu 18-Oct-12 17:34:58

Your Rory`s had nearly as many wifelets as the Marquis of Bath!
Yes dear Soop, I think you probably could paint a white cat, and think it would be awfully nice if you did, xx

numberplease Thu 18-Oct-12 17:38:17

Just realised, good job that photo isn`t any larger, my Dyson`s in the background, not exactly a photographic masterpiece!

annodomini Thu 18-Oct-12 17:38:21

That's a lovely photo of Mia, number. She has found the home - and the mum - she needed.

glassortwo Thu 18-Oct-12 20:09:17

Mia looks at home already, and sounds as if she has you exactly where she wants you when she wants a cuddle. smile

Anne58 Thu 18-Oct-12 20:24:58

Lovely cat! One of mine is white, but long haired. (and definitely in the "special needs" category!)

To have a look at "drawing" white cats, have a look at the "Simons Cat" website!!!!

Anne58 Thu 18-Oct-12 20:27:37

Here's an example, but there are loads more!

www.simonscat.com/Films/Cat-Man-Do/?sort=o

numberplease Thu 18-Oct-12 21:22:49

I love Simon`s cats!

Marelli Thu 18-Oct-12 21:23:09

phoenix, Daisy's a white long-hair as well. At the moment she's sitting on the pouffe (bought for me to rest my feet on, but claimed by her) dragging 'sticky-willies' out of her fur. She'll let me brush her for a wee while then she has to have a go at me.....[ouch emoticon]!

Anne58 Thu 18-Oct-12 21:44:54

Our Lily will not be brushed. But then, she also goes through phases were she wont be looked at, either. Like I say, special needs.

One of these days I'll work out how to upload photos!

Marelli Thu 18-Oct-12 22:04:26

Daisy pole-dances round the garden canes.....shock!

Anne58 Thu 18-Oct-12 22:11:40

Sounds like a bit of a floozy! Lily is definitely a baggage! She is a very "girly" cat, she will sit halfway up the stairs to try to stop Digby coming up.

I was saying to Mr P that little boys (of the human variety) are very direct, they will just walk up to another child that they have decided they don't like and either thump them or push them over. Girls tend to be a bit more subtle or even devious on occasions. Lily is a very "girly " cat.

lucid Fri 19-Oct-12 12:12:13

I've enjoyed reading this thread as we have a little torty/tabby cat called Mia. She came to live with us almost 2 years ago and she is gorgeous. Yesterday we were given a grey and white male kitten (a friend who was looking after him couldn't keep him any longer and we offered him a home). So far he is settling in well, although Mia is definitely not impressed and fluffs up her tail and hisses at him. We are trying to decide what to call him....any suggestions? He is mainly white with a grey tail, grey patches on his back and a grey 'batman' mask and the most gorgeous mushroom coloured eyes.grin

soop Fri 19-Oct-12 14:15:02

Okey dokey number take a few good close-up pics of Mia. Good light essential. I'll see what I can do. smile

numberplease Fri 19-Oct-12 15:49:34

Will do Soop, but she`s not feeling sociable right now, runs and hides whenever anybody moves.
Trying to think of names for your kitten Lucid.

numberplease Fri 19-Oct-12 15:55:08

How about,
Dorian (Gray)
Earl (Grey)
Dusty
Smokey

Marelli Fri 19-Oct-12 16:09:26

Dick (as in Turpin, because of his 'mask) grin!

annodomini Fri 19-Oct-12 17:10:14

I was going through old photos today with GD and came across some old shots of my cats - long since gone - Sam (black) and Sandy (ginger). It made me realise how much I miss having cats.

crimson Fri 19-Oct-12 17:16:08

Same here. Not sure how I became 'catless'....would never have imagined life without one years ago.

lucid Fri 19-Oct-12 20:22:36

Good suggestions number and we did try all those (personally I like Dorian but OH didn't) .
Marelli - not sure I'd like to shout that name down the garden grin

We had 2 cats (Ozzy and Mia) from the local rescue centre 2 years ago but last Christmas Ozzy died of a mysterious respiratory illness. It was very sudden and despite rushing him to the veterinary hospital he died....we were so upset. It's upsetting when an elderly pet dies but Ozzy was only a year old. It has taken us a long while to feel up to having another cat...Mia seemed very depressed for quite a while.

We're thinking maybe Marley....as he does wail a bit, especially when Mia is is sight. hmm

annodomini Fri 19-Oct-12 20:54:32

I was going to call my next cat (the one I never got round to) Parker because they're pretty nosy beasts. And the Swahili for cat is 'Paka'.

Marelli Fri 19-Oct-12 21:09:36

Lucid - I hadn't thought of that...grin

soop Sat 20-Oct-12 12:47:59

number...I've uploaded the painting [unframed] of Gally's Charlie. x

numberplease Sat 20-Oct-12 16:11:46

Oooh, off to have a look!

numberplease Sat 20-Oct-12 16:15:45

Aw, Soop, that`s lovely! How do you post your pics so large? I`m going to email you some pics of Mia, just in case you really do feel like painting her.