Gransnet forums

Pets

Mia

(135 Posts)
numberplease Wed 17-Oct-12 17:15:20

Well, we collected her this afternoon, but she`s awfully timid, has spent ages hiding behind the fridge freezer, came out for food, then cowered in the bathroom, behind the toilet. We`re not forcing her, she`ll come out in her own time.

numberplease Fri 30-Nov-12 16:30:05

And if any of you want a lovely portait of your pet, you could do a damn sight worse than to put it in the talented hands of our resident artist, the renowned Soop! (That`s not advertising, is it?)

numberplease Fri 25-Jan-13 16:30:58

Today, Mia astounded me. I had beans on toast for dinner today, left a few, and put my plate on the floor till the end of Neighbours. Next thing I know, Mia`s there, tucking in to baked beans, and apparently loving them! She isn`t usually allowed to eat off our plates, but I was just so astonished that she liked beans that I just sat and watched her!

shysal Fri 25-Jan-13 17:17:25

Hope you will not be subjected to her wind! smile

Marelli Fri 25-Jan-13 18:37:39

Crikey, number - she'll be blowing a gale soon! Daisy the Cat doesn't even need beans.....shock!

numberplease Sat 26-Jan-13 01:21:53

Not noticed any wind, was fully expecting it!

numberplease Wed 27-Feb-13 00:34:20

Yesterday, I got so fed up with seeing Mia the mucky pussy, with the oily patches on her back, that I rang the vet for advice. I was told that the oil could be toxic and that if I brought her to them they`d give her a special bath. Took her in this morning, went to collect her this afternoon, to be told that they`d been trying to ring us, although I`d told them we`d be out this afternoon. Apparently, she was being a bit obstroporous, and wouldn`t let them bath her, and they needed our permission to sedate her. We went back a little later to get her, and I asked if there was anything we could use if she got oily again, as no doubt she will, and we were told "Oh, we use Swarfega", why, oh why, didn`t they say that yesterday, and save us a packet. Bath, inc. VAT, £15.50, sedation, £32, that`s a bloomin` expensive bath at £47.50, I`m going out for some Swarfega tomorrow!!

Marelli Wed 27-Feb-13 13:10:51

Oh crikey, number! My Daisy gets matted bits, especially around her hips. She will not allow me to groom her, so it's a case of grabbing her and getting DH to hold her while I carefully get as much off as I can.
I'd noticed that my vet does grooming as well, but just the thought of getting her there and having her go through the hassle (because I know she'd panic) really puts me off....and so would the cost, which I haven't checked out as yet. hmm

numberplease Wed 27-Feb-13 15:47:57

Bet it`s not cheap Marelli, if she struggles, they`ll probably want to sedate her. Mia`s been outside this morning and came back still white, she`s out again now, so fingers crossed!

annodomini Wed 27-Feb-13 16:57:37

When I had a black cat, I couldn't see the oily marks on his back though I knew he was often under my car. Ginger was another matter! Moral - get a black cat - like Rory!