Gransnet forums

Pets

What does your cat get away with?

(33 Posts)
Daisydoo2 Mon 18-Dec-17 09:14:14

Nearly ready to go out to the Christmas bash on Saturday, went to the wardrobe to get my 'going out'
bag and find it clawed to ruin by my cat. Luckily I adore said cat (who generally gets away with murder as the local wildlife would testify) and found a -older- replacement. Had it been a person who had done the deed all hell would have broken loose... as my daughters quite rightly pointed out. Bless.

MamaCaz Tue 19-Dec-17 18:58:01

Who did you boot out at night, Grandmama, the cat or your DH? grin

GrannyLondon Tue 19-Dec-17 20:39:33

I couldn’t make the bed this morning as Madam ( age15) decided to curl up in the duvet. When I was younger I even judged boyfriends by their reaction to my darlings!

lizzypopbottle Tue 19-Dec-17 21:30:52

I don't have a cat but the attached card came from California and was my first and, for several weeks, my only Christmas card. Charlie forgot his glasses (that's his story, anyway) and mistook Season's Greetings for Season's Eatings!

lizzypopbottle Tue 19-Dec-17 21:32:27

This is Charlie:

Lorelei Tue 19-Dec-17 21:53:37

There's a saying that's something like...dogs have owners, cats have human servants! Our two cats are totally different characters but each 'gets away with murder' (including that of the local wildlife) - our pretty fluffy girl has appalling table manners and often drops food on the floor to eat it, sits on everything she's not allowed to and hops into any box, bag, open drawer or cupboard to nap or just to be nosy first chance she gets - a proper lap cat who especially loves my better half. Our lad is an unsociable bugger that hates to be picked up or stroked, spends his nights with the fox family, uses the place like a B&B and will sleep on 'my' bit of the bed knowing I'll move over so as not to disturb him! My better half sneers at the things I do to keep the cats happy but I caught him a few summers back, on a hot day, male cat sprawled on the sofa and he'd rigged a fan up for him.

Overthehills Tue 19-Dec-17 22:33:35

All of the above! He’s having the time of his life at the moment getting down the woolly sheep from the Nativity Scene and batting it round the floor! He’s so handsome though!

HillyN Tue 19-Dec-17 23:18:26

We bought a lovely cream leather computer chair. It was quickly claimed by our (now deceased) tabby, who clawed it to bits and could get quite stroppy if he thought he might get turfed off! Naturally we just pulled up a dining chair instead....