Gransnet forums

Pets

Pictures of our pets

(55 Posts)
Anja Mon 26-Nov-18 09:05:17

This is one of my dogs Sami. He’s 18 months, a rescue, and very naughty but lovable.

Fennel Mon 26-Nov-18 09:22:55

Beautiful, is it a painting?

NanaandGrampy Mon 26-Nov-18 09:29:41

This is Sam , Grampy's partner in crime !

shysal Mon 26-Nov-18 09:41:11

Sam and Sami are gorgeous! Here are my cats, Saffron and Bugsie. The T-shirt was instead of a lampshade collar when he had a gash stitched, much more comfortable for him but not great for his street cred!

Sparklefizz Mon 26-Nov-18 09:51:33

Aaaaw! All sooo gorgeous and cute! Here are Phoebe (at the top) and Lottie (below). Sadly my lovely Lottie was run over last year so I just have Phoebe who has become extra precious.

Sparklefizz Mon 26-Nov-18 09:53:07

shysal I think Bugsie looks rather cool in his T shirt even though he looks a bit fed up!

Sparklefizz Mon 26-Nov-18 10:01:29

A better photo of Phoebe and Lottie.

Anja Mon 26-Nov-18 10:43:19

No Fennel it’s a photo.

Lovely to see these. Sam, Saffron, Bugsie, Phoebe and Lottie ?. Only other pet people know how much they mean to us ???

Bellasnana Mon 26-Nov-18 11:01:01

This is Buzz. He was a street dog in Sicily and I adopted him just over two years ago.

Love the photos, though sad about poor Lottie.?

Anja Mon 26-Nov-18 11:10:59

Buzz is a lucky boy ❤️

Sparklefizz Mon 26-Nov-18 11:17:32

As Anja says, only other pet people know how much our pets mean to us. They are members of the family.

And Buzz is a handsome chap and truly a lucky boy, as are all the rescue pets. I read somewhere that there is no love like the love of a pet that's been rescued! My cats have been rescued cats, some I have even bottle-fed, and they've given me so much pleasure.

MiniMoon Mon 26-Nov-18 11:45:02

This is the cat from across the road. He takes up residence in our house for much of the day, and goes home in the evening. I don't know his name! I just call him Puss. I'm glad he likes us, as I miss my dog who was PTS last Christmas.

ninathenana Mon 26-Nov-18 12:06:09

We got Bert from CPL April '16
He didn't arrive from Amazon smile

EllanVannin Mon 26-Nov-18 12:19:34

MiniMoon , Puss is also what I call a cat who made his home with me a few years ago. He does/did have a home and was called " Moriarty " ! There's no way I'm shouting that name for him to come in. No wonder he left home !!

Willow500 Mon 26-Nov-18 12:38:41

What cute pictures - Bugsie's T-shirt is great.

This is my Alfie (on the box) and Daphne - both strays who fell on their paws when they found this residence which caters for all their needs grin

Willow500 Mon 26-Nov-18 12:44:58

How strange - they showed up in the preview! Trying again/

Willow500 Mon 26-Nov-18 12:46:24

Double trouble grin

Anja Mon 26-Nov-18 13:01:50

Alfie and Daphne, love the names! Sorry to hear about your dog Minimoon ?. My last cat had a perfectly good, soft bed ninathenana but liked to sleep in the box when the newspapers that were for recycling. Perhaps he was related to your Bert?

grandtanteJE65 Mon 26-Nov-18 13:15:54

Trold lying on the best cat toy ever. It is known as Rat and consists of a little strip of black fur fabric tied to a long piece of string. I doubt you can see the toy.

Lovely pictures of all your marvellous pets.

glammanana Mon 26-Nov-18 13:29:28

Great pictures of all our pets,here are my three spoilt babies.
Poppy the rescue Lhasa Apso is now 6 yrs old and so special.
Oliver the cat is the boss of the house and near by back gardens he is now 2yrs and 3 mths.
Dolly the baby Basset is 17 weeks old and has fitted in perfectly.

Sparklefizz Mon 26-Nov-18 13:52:09

Beautiful animals everybody! This is such an uplifting thread. Thanks for starting it with your gorgeous boy, Anja.

Willow Your Alfie's markings are a bit like my Lottie's. Lottie turned out to be half pedigree Turkish Van and those sort of markings are apparently very specific to TV cats, particularly a very bushy ginger or tabby tail that looks like someone else's tail stuck on the back. Do you know if Alfie has Turkish V origins? I had never heard of them until the vet mentioned it and then I googled. They can grow to be pretty big cats, but sadly my lovely Lottie was killed when she was only 18 months old, so I never saw her reach that stage.

Scribbles Mon 26-Nov-18 14:42:37

I've loved looking at all the pictures. These little animals bring such light into our lives; the world would be a grey and forlorn place without them.

This is Lucy, queen and absolute ruler of the Scribbles household.

nonnasusie Mon 26-Nov-18 16:31:48

Here are 3 of ours. The other 2 "guard"
the poultry down at our orto along with the rescue kittens

nonnasusie Mon 26-Nov-18 16:36:48

Maggie, Steffi and George!

nonnasusie Mon 26-Nov-18 16:39:39

Sorry posted twice by mistake!