Gransnet forums

Pets

Pictures of your dogs please.

(53 Posts)
shysal Wed 25-Mar-20 07:41:12

I am no longer a dog owner, but would love to see photos of yours, past and present. Why should the cats have all the limelight?
This is the Vizsla that DD has reserved for next month.

TerriBull Wed 25-Mar-20 08:10:58

He/she is absolutely gorgeous shysal. I have to confess cats have a special place in my heart, but I do like dogs as well so will click on to this thread too to have a look at the pooches who pop up.

Curlywhirly Wed 25-Mar-20 09:05:18

Here is our girl on a lovely sunny day last year!

dinks13 Wed 25-Mar-20 09:12:12

What a great thread!!! More pictures please, absolutely adore dogs & am quite upset at the minute As was supposed to be going to see my beautiful rescue staffie grandog & her new rescue brother but obviously all flights have now been cancelled so don’t when I will get to meet him now. So loads of pics to cheer me up please ?

Redtop1 Wed 25-Mar-20 10:20:58

My two 1. playing tug of war with their teddy.

Kalu Wed 25-Mar-20 10:48:08

Adorable photo Curlywhirly could so easily be one of our dogs as Yellow Labs have been in my life since childhood. We have a similar photo of one of our boys wearing sunglasses plus snaps of any outfits whenever our much younger DDs decided the dogs needed some clothes on. Dogs sat patiently, enjoying the attention?

My Granny would tell us, as they cast so much, it all depends on which colour of dog hair you don’t mind finding around the house?

Sadly we are no longer fit enough to have one of our own now but your photo brought back so many happy memories.

I love dogs Shysal and Redtop1 and your photos are also adorable.

oldgoat Wed 25-Mar-20 11:14:45

Here's a photo of Oscar the Wonderdog.
Just had his legs washed after a nice paddle in a mucky ditch.

Curlywhirly Wed 25-Mar-20 11:16:12

I know Kalu my son, and he"s 31, insists on dressing her up occasionally, she doesn't seem to mind. I could cry with the dog hairs, am constantly hoovering, but love her to bits. She is our second lab, they have such a gentle nature and are very easy to train as they will do anything for food as you will know!

Yorksherlass Wed 25-Mar-20 11:17:39

Any one fancy a game , asks Alfie

gillyknits Wed 25-Mar-20 11:18:46

This isn’t my dog, it’s my daughter, so she’s my Grand-dog! She’s called Betty!

Daisymae Wed 25-Mar-20 11:26:07

This is Bella who is 10. She's a cross between a pug and a Jack Russell. She's all go, although now has the energy levels of s normal dog. She just adores people and is very nosy.

Kalu Wed 25-Mar-20 11:34:58

Oh, what a gorgeous cuddly boy Oscar is oldgoat

This is a photo of our last two (L/R), Ben and Emmy. Ben was extremely strong willed and just had to make a small act of rebellion before he showed willing to obey a command. Emmy never left my side, always had to know where I was.

labazsisslowlygoingmad Wed 25-Mar-20 11:40:39

all my animals are rescue and have many problems but love them to bits
moo is a chihuahua who spent his life before us in a cage he is very scared when we had him he had a cage and would not come out we weaned him off that into an igloo bed now thats gone too given the choice he will hide in our bed all day but we are gradually fetching him down to be with us in the lounge he is ok with me but terrified of men sadly for my partner who thinks he is wonderful
patch or paddy is a chihuahua x Jack Russell he lived with an alcoholic who used to abuse him and though he was four he had never been out him and owner just used to do their toilet where they wanted in the flat he loves people but for some reason he can be funny with me ive recently had hospital treatment for bites we dont blame him when social services asked us to fetch him when the owner had died he had no food or water. he was in an awful state a cat collar had to be cut out of his neck he had a massive flea infestation and his claws were under his pads he had been a punch bag and had never seen grass trees etc i forgive him anything he has come a long way but he still has issues

Sparklefizz Wed 25-Mar-20 11:46:08

I am definitely a cat person, but also love to see these pics of everyone's gorgeous dogs. Thanks for sharing. What would we do without our pets, especially at times like these?

Rosalyn69 Wed 25-Mar-20 11:48:20

Gerald and Bob. My boys.

NanaandGrampy Wed 25-Mar-20 12:23:08

This is Sam - he's in charge of our house.

MissAdventure Wed 25-Mar-20 12:26:12

I wasn't going to look, because I'm more of a cat person, but Gerald and Bob look so lovely. Great names too. smile

They're all lovely.

nonnasusie Wed 25-Mar-20 13:29:16

Here are 2 of mine. The white on is Maggie May, a maremma. The black and white one is George a mongrel!

nonnasusie Wed 25-Mar-20 13:29:52

One!

Whitewavemark2 Wed 25-Mar-20 13:36:39

This is Duncan

CraftyGranny Wed 25-Mar-20 13:44:42

This is Zak, my lovely 16 month German Shepherd pup

CraftyGranny Wed 25-Mar-20 13:47:34

No. This is Zak my lovely 16 month German Shepherd

CraftyGranny Wed 25-Mar-20 13:48:14

I can't get my picture to upload.

CraftyGranny Wed 25-Mar-20 13:48:39

Oh, there it is!