Gransnet forums

Pets

Do you use a Furminator on your Cat?

(32 Posts)
avitorl Fri 03-Jul-20 12:28:03

I have an all black cat and she is constantly shedding fur. I've just seen a Grooming Gadget named Furminator mentioned on another Forum and wondered whether it's worth purchasing or will it be just a waste of money?

One good things is my cat adores being brushed, so I have no problems there, but my light coloured furniture can look like it is wearing a black over coat at times!

SueDonim Fri 10-Jul-20 20:05:53

Oh, annoying! I hope the replacement comes soon.

Jane10 Fri 10-Jul-20 20:49:04

Och what a nuisance avitorl. Hope the replacement comes soon. You can use it just to stroke gently BTW it doesn't have to be hard or hurt the wee cat. You'll get used to it.

avitorl Mon 13-Jul-20 20:24:43

Big day has arrived! Correct size furminator is here and used for the first time this evening.My cat is very happy with it and so am I.I like the bit that collects the fur so that it stays in a clump until ejected.Sounds grand but it's just a plastic bit behind the steel comb but it keeps hair from covering me ,floor and every other surface nearby.

Jane10 Mon 13-Jul-20 20:57:05

I always have to lint roll myself after a session of furminating. We usually fill a bin with the fur we furminate off him.
I'm glad the wee puss enjoyed it too. Win win!

SueDonim Mon 13-Jul-20 23:35:00

Hurrah! smile

TrendyNannie6 Sun 09-Aug-20 22:03:43

Yes been using one for several years on all my cats just be careful though I don’t recommend it for some breeds, just the pussycats with quite a lot of thick hair